Aug 29, 2010, 10:36 AM EST
In Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals, Daniel “Boobie” Gibson scored 31 points. And was never heard from again. Okay, that’s not exactly true. He scored 22 the next year in a first round series with Washington, but for the most part, he was buried behind Mo Williams and Delonte West. Coach Mike Brown never turned to Gibson, not even in games where his speed and perimeter shooting would have been useful, a vctim of the myth of veteran know-how.
“No. 1, he can shoot,” Scott said of Gibson. “He can make shots. No. 2, he’s tough. Boobie’s a little warrior.”
Gibson talks about what he’s worked on this summer, and how he’s excited for the season. He may be the only Cav in that boat, but it’s nice that there may be some sort of positive related to James’ defection.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 18
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13