Aug 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
From: The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
To: ProBasketballTalk.com Readers
Re: Wizards interested in Carmelo
Dear Pro Basketball Talk Readers,
This letter is to inform you that the Washington Post reports the Wizards have made an obligatory call regarding Carmelo Anthony’s availability. The same source that told Michael Lee of the Post that 29 other teams had made the call commented, “Carmelo’s pretty good.”
Yeah, that’s true.
Washington has almost no expiring contracts remaining after their purge over the last year, and their most tradeable asset is Gilbert Arenas, a combo guard to a team that already has Chauncey Billups. Of course, they could trade John Wall. They could also light their heads on fire and jump in a lake. Which is more likely than them trading John Wall, even for Carmelo Anthony.
So in conclusion, Washington has made the same call everyone else is going to make, and likely got the same answer most of them will get. Until they get a feel for Carmelo’s market, we’re not going to hear anything about serious trade partners.
The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 23
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 48
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 69
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld