Aug 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
From: The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
To: ProBasketballTalk.com Readers
Re: Wizards interested in Carmelo
Dear Pro Basketball Talk Readers,
This letter is to inform you that the Washington Post reports the Wizards have made an obligatory call regarding Carmelo Anthony’s availability. The same source that told Michael Lee of the Post that 29 other teams had made the call commented, “Carmelo’s pretty good.”
Yeah, that’s true.
Washington has almost no expiring contracts remaining after their purge over the last year, and their most tradeable asset is Gilbert Arenas, a combo guard to a team that already has Chauncey Billups. Of course, they could trade John Wall. They could also light their heads on fire and jump in a lake. Which is more likely than them trading John Wall, even for Carmelo Anthony.
So in conclusion, Washington has made the same call everyone else is going to make, and likely got the same answer most of them will get. Until they get a feel for Carmelo’s market, we’re not going to hear anything about serious trade partners.
The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld