Aug 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
From: The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
To: ProBasketballTalk.com Readers
Re: Wizards interested in Carmelo
Dear Pro Basketball Talk Readers,
This letter is to inform you that the Washington Post reports the Wizards have made an obligatory call regarding Carmelo Anthony’s availability. The same source that told Michael Lee of the Post that 29 other teams had made the call commented, “Carmelo’s pretty good.”
Yeah, that’s true.
Washington has almost no expiring contracts remaining after their purge over the last year, and their most tradeable asset is Gilbert Arenas, a combo guard to a team that already has Chauncey Billups. Of course, they could trade John Wall. They could also light their heads on fire and jump in a lake. Which is more likely than them trading John Wall, even for Carmelo Anthony.
So in conclusion, Washington has made the same call everyone else is going to make, and likely got the same answer most of them will get. Until they get a feel for Carmelo’s market, we’re not going to hear anything about serious trade partners.
The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld