Aug 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
From: The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
To: ProBasketballTalk.com Readers
Re: Wizards interested in Carmelo
Dear Pro Basketball Talk Readers,
This letter is to inform you that the Washington Post reports the Wizards have made an obligatory call regarding Carmelo Anthony’s availability. The same source that told Michael Lee of the Post that 29 other teams had made the call commented, “Carmelo’s pretty good.”
Yeah, that’s true.
Washington has almost no expiring contracts remaining after their purge over the last year, and their most tradeable asset is Gilbert Arenas, a combo guard to a team that already has Chauncey Billups. Of course, they could trade John Wall. They could also light their heads on fire and jump in a lake. Which is more likely than them trading John Wall, even for Carmelo Anthony.
So in conclusion, Washington has made the same call everyone else is going to make, and likely got the same answer most of them will get. Until they get a feel for Carmelo’s market, we’re not going to hear anything about serious trade partners.
The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld