Aug 28, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
From: The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
To: ProBasketballTalk.com Readers
Re: Wizards interested in Carmelo
Dear Pro Basketball Talk Readers,
This letter is to inform you that the Washington Post reports the Wizards have made an obligatory call regarding Carmelo Anthony’s availability. The same source that told Michael Lee of the Post that 29 other teams had made the call commented, “Carmelo’s pretty good.”
Yeah, that’s true.
Washington has almost no expiring contracts remaining after their purge over the last year, and their most tradeable asset is Gilbert Arenas, a combo guard to a team that already has Chauncey Billups. Of course, they could trade John Wall. They could also light their heads on fire and jump in a lake. Which is more likely than them trading John Wall, even for Carmelo Anthony.
So in conclusion, Washington has made the same call everyone else is going to make, and likely got the same answer most of them will get. Until they get a feel for Carmelo’s market, we’re not going to hear anything about serious trade partners.
The Office of Ridiculously Obvious Rumors
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld