Aug 27, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
When the Sacramento Kings open the season in Minnesota, the reigning rookie of the year will not be on the floor.
Tyreke Evans was suspended one game by the league after his reckless driving incident this summer in Sacramento.
That was one of three fines handed down by the league Friday.
Indiana’s Brandon Rush was suspended five games for violations of the league’s drug policy. To earn a suspension you have to have failed a test three times (the first two lead to counseling).
Kenny Hasbrouck of the Miami Heat was suspended two games after pleading guilty to a DUI. This happened in New York before he signed with the Heat.
One could argue that driving under the influence is a bigger risk to society than doing drugs, but these are pretty much the standard NBA suspensions for these kind of violations.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10