Aug 26, 2010, 5:10 PM EDT
Tyreke Evans won the NBA rookie of the year because from the day he stepped on an NBA court he could get to the rim as well as anyone in the Association.
Last season, he had 8.4 shot attempts per game at the rim, just 5.5 per game from outside 16 feet (according to Hoopdata). And by the end teams were begging him to take that outside shot — he hit 32 percent of his shots from 16 feet to the arc, 25.5 percent from beyond it.
But watch the video below. That would be Evans draining three after three after three.
Now you have the right to be skeptical. If you’ve ever watched an NBA pregame shoot around, you know that DJ Mbenga can knock down threes on an open court, let alone actual shooters. But the very wise Zach Harper of Cowbell Kingdom says it’s not the results he likes, it’s the form.
He’s not bringing the ball behind his head and his shooting arm looks to be a lot more straight up and down. I’d like to see his form when he’s shooting off the dribble to see if it stays true to what we see here. But in terms of sheer structure of his jumper, this is a big step forward in making him a complete offensive force.
If Evans really has developed a consistent jumper, Sacramento just got a whole lot better. And NBA defenders should be worried.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record