Aug 26, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
You’re a college hoops player, busting your but through another summer workout, trying to get a little run…
And in walks LeBron James. And Chris Paul. And Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller and Patrick Beverley.
Only in Miami.
James and friends popped in at University of Miami to get in a little run with the Hurricanes team, according to the Associated Press.
“No question, it’s great having those guys here,” Miami coach Frank Haith said. “It’s a great influence for our players. They’re some of the greatest players in the NBA, so it’s obviously great for our guys and our program.”
Think Haith may bring this up during his next recruiting home visit?
Also good to motivate a team that you can bet is dragging during summer workouts. Because seriously, who likes summer workouts?
Smart money says you’ll see James on the sidelines of some U football games as well this season.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14