Aug 26, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
You’re a college hoops player, busting your but through another summer workout, trying to get a little run…
And in walks LeBron James. And Chris Paul. And Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller and Patrick Beverley.
Only in Miami.
James and friends popped in at University of Miami to get in a little run with the Hurricanes team, according to the Associated Press.
“No question, it’s great having those guys here,” Miami coach Frank Haith said. “It’s a great influence for our players. They’re some of the greatest players in the NBA, so it’s obviously great for our guys and our program.”
Think Haith may bring this up during his next recruiting home visit?
Also good to motivate a team that you can bet is dragging during summer workouts. Because seriously, who likes summer workouts?
Smart money says you’ll see James on the sidelines of some U football games as well this season.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 8
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 17
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34