Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
This is video of Yao Ming working out yesterday, the first of his public workouts (hat tip to Trey Kerby at Ball Don’t Lie). He is still tall and still has a deft touch. That is Chuck Hayes talking smack by the way.
The question about Yao is can he stay healthy this season. Good question. But Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle reminds us that Zydrunas Ilgauskas had this same surgery, missed a season, and came back to play the next seven years in the NBA without missing one game due to foot injuries (and no more than four games in any year). It can happen. And if he is healthy, the Rockets are a threat to the Lakers in the West.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29