Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
This is video of Yao Ming working out yesterday, the first of his public workouts (hat tip to Trey Kerby at Ball Don’t Lie). He is still tall and still has a deft touch. That is Chuck Hayes talking smack by the way.
The question about Yao is can he stay healthy this season. Good question. But Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle reminds us that Zydrunas Ilgauskas had this same surgery, missed a season, and came back to play the next seven years in the NBA without missing one game due to foot injuries (and no more than four games in any year). It can happen. And if he is healthy, the Rockets are a threat to the Lakers in the West.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6