Ron Artest isn't buying what Doc Rivers is selling

Aug 25, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT

Thumbnail image for Artest_layup.jpgWe told you yesterday Doc Rivers said the Lakers “still have not beaten our starting five,” implying that if Kendrick Perkins had been healthy for Game 7 the outcome would have been different.

The Lakers were quiet on that. Phil Jackson probably didn’t notice, Kobe Bryant probably mentally filed that away in the “anger/motivation” file to pull out when he needs it. But no public comments.

Until Ron Artest answered the call on twitter.

Boston lost to lakers because of Kendrick Perkins injury. What about in 08 when Bynum was injured. What about this year Bynum was injured

What about Kobe played with a broke finger …. What about Ron artest defense When the Boston staff said Ron artest was too slow

Doc got one million excuses.. Just come back this season a take what you want…

The lakers with Bynum in the playoffs healthy has not lost The same way whoever whatever hasn’t Let’s not mention the stats on lock down

Ron Artest is right. The “what if” injury game is a rabbit hole if you go down it. What if Andrew Bogut had been healthy for the Bucks this season? What if Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming had stayed healthy in Houston? What if LeBron’s elbow had been fine against Boston… okay, bad example there. But you get the idea.

What did Yoda teach us? “Do, or do not. There is no try.” The Jedi master would say the same thing about injuries. And you don’t argue with Yoda.

1. johnmaine - Aug 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant for best all-time. Who wins? Answer is obvious. http://bit.ly/9L1tGp

2. Rick - Aug 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Doc should stop crying, doc should be happy that he and his assistant coach weren’t T’ed up for walking onto the court during play almost every time the lakers were on offence in front of their bench.

3. steve Knepper - Aug 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Doc rivers is a crybaby and always will be, So i guess If MJ wasnt around DOC may have actually won a couple titles in NY But Thats not what happened , What happened is he Got his butt kicked just like he always did.
    And why does DOC leave out the Bynum Injury……Go cry in Boston DOC cause the rest of the country doesnt care about your “EXCUSES”

4. WTF - Aug 25, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I have a better question… Which of those two you mention will have a better career?

5. peter north - Aug 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Doc Rivers is a fag.

6. Gay - Aug 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Dude!!! you do know Peter North has done gay film, right? Please check out his biography

7. Murphy - Aug 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I’m not entirely certain I agree with Doc Rivers, on the other hand, Perkin’s not being available definitely created problems for Boston, so I guess it’s entirely plausible the outcome could’ve been different.
    That having been said, would there have even BEEN a game 7, if the reffing wasn’t as absolutely horrid as it was? I saw a great many examples of both sides getting the shaft, so I won’t sit here and preach about how Boston got robbed or anything (I live in Vermont, I root for Boston, simply because it’s close and I’m Irish, but I’m not a die-hard fan or anything), but I will say I saw allot of completely false calls when Boston was trying to put some kind of action together. Again, there were also several calls against the Lakers as well, that were BS, but I dunno, I just saw allot of ghost fouls being called, and some that were valid, that didn’t get called at all.

8. Closet - Aug 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

He doesn’t like to talk about “our films” :(

9. P-smooth - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Doc Rivers is a Muslim

10. verno - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

An that matters why??

11. BinNH - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Artest is usually a windbag, but this time he’s right. I guess it had to happen sometime.

12. JMD - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I’m a Celtics fan but as for the Perkins injury-you can’t use it as an excuse. The Celtics should’ve never let it get to a game 7. The team was terrible in rebounding and missed key shots down the stretch-NO EXCUSES! Just do the talking on the court. I HATE L.A. and I HATE Kobe and Phil (NBA sucks until the playoffs anyway)but I still hope L.A and Boston make it to the Finals again. Best 2 of 3!

13. Hugh Jardon - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Doc Rivers is a douchebag and a poor loser. Sorry Doc, you were lucky to be the coach when you got Garnett and Allen. They didn’t need you. Coat tails.

14. Kobe Bryant - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Yea and if my Aunt had a set of balls she would be my Uncle!!!!!!

15. Dick Cochandballz - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Doc Rivers is a bottom

16. Peter Gobbler - Aug 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Doc Rivers wears mesh t-shirts on the weekends.

17. Basketball Fan - Aug 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Doc is in NO position to talk what if. Lets see, Kobe 5 rings, Doc 1. Nuff said. Prediction Lakers over Boston 4-2 to become Three Peat Champions again

18. Bill-Sonora - Aug 25, 2010 at 5:24 PM

“Doc Rivers is a Muslim”
    That’s f**’d up!
    He’s not THAT much of a crybaby.
    Go Lakers!

19. CryBaby - Aug 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Croc Rivers…what a lame ass cry baby…Croc (croc tears) Rivers was bought a championship by Danny A. and the Boston ownership group…’cause w/o Garnett…ole Croc would be exposed for what he is…a lamer. Yeah…ya think McCale cut a sweetheart deal for Croc and the Boston lamers..?

20. Tworoz - Aug 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I can’t believe Doc Rivers is still crying over the finals. Get over yourself as the Lakers won, let them enjoying their victory. It’s too late for the should of, could of, would of talk..You lost and that’s all it is…hahahaha

21. Whyamidoingthis? - Aug 25, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Hi,I’m slumin’ it here. So, Kobe is a narcissist, Artest is a emptyhead case, Doc is an atheistartest and MJ is a gifted would-otherwise-be car thief. Let’s sign off and go make this planet a better place. There’s so much to do.

22. Anonymous - Aug 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Why can’t anyone learn how to spell “offense?”

23. RationalOne - Aug 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

If Perkins had been available it’d have been a whole different game. That was obvious.
    But, different doesn’t mean Boston wins. They were stuck in the high-tension morass (both teams were) in the 3rd and up to the mid-4th quarters. In other words it was so tense, and the defense so tight and physical, that nobody could score. Not sure how Perkins really helps with that.
    I was rootin’ for the Celtics because ever since the Blazers got robbed in game 7 of the Western Conferance Finals against the Lakers it’s been obvious that the NBA is, or was, willing to outright GIVE a large-market team like the Lakers a trip to the finals. Screw that noise. So I root against them every chance I get. But make no mistake- until age slows Kobe down for real, that’s a really, really good team right there!

24. randy - Aug 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Doc is playing psychologist with the fragile egos of his team. His psycho babble has nothing to do with the facts. It’s simply a ploy to try and motivate his troops after a beat down on the biggest stage. The Celtics would have still lost game seven even with Perkins. Doc’s beloved team caved when it mattered most and the rest is history.

25. tallman - Aug 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM

The Celtics would have lost this year even with a healthy Perkins, the Lakers jus had a better team. But next year with a healthy Kevin Garnett the outcome will be different.. GO CELTICS!!!!

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures