Aug 25, 2010, 9:57 AM EST
The conventional wisdom out there is that Michael Jordan ruined Kwame Brown, and with that the two men can’t stand each other.
But then explain how Jordan signed off on inking Brown to a one-year deal with the Charlotte Bobcats? You can’t. Brown told the Charlotte Observer that the perception of their relationship is wrong.
“A lot of people speculate about my relationship with Michael,” says Brown, who speaks softly and is courteous. “But obviously I’m here, so it can’t be as bad as everybody says.”
“Don’t always believe what you read,” Brown says.
“I definitely wouldn’t have signed on if it was as horrible as you think it was,” Brown says.
Brown has some skills the Bobcats can use — he is a good defensive rebounder and a good one-on-one post defender when he can use his body on another big man. And with Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal in the east, he’ll get his chance.
And anything that happened in the past between Jordan and Brown is in the past. They have moved on.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28