Aug 25, 2010, 9:57 AM EST
The conventional wisdom out there is that Michael Jordan ruined Kwame Brown, and with that the two men can’t stand each other.
But then explain how Jordan signed off on inking Brown to a one-year deal with the Charlotte Bobcats? You can’t. Brown told the Charlotte Observer that the perception of their relationship is wrong.
“A lot of people speculate about my relationship with Michael,” says Brown, who speaks softly and is courteous. “But obviously I’m here, so it can’t be as bad as everybody says.”
“Don’t always believe what you read,” Brown says.
“I definitely wouldn’t have signed on if it was as horrible as you think it was,” Brown says.
Brown has some skills the Bobcats can use — he is a good defensive rebounder and a good one-on-one post defender when he can use his body on another big man. And with Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal in the east, he’ll get his chance.
And anything that happened in the past between Jordan and Brown is in the past. They have moved on.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 29
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41