Aug 25, 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom out there is that Michael Jordan ruined Kwame Brown, and with that the two men can’t stand each other.
But then explain how Jordan signed off on inking Brown to a one-year deal with the Charlotte Bobcats? You can’t. Brown told the Charlotte Observer that the perception of their relationship is wrong.
“A lot of people speculate about my relationship with Michael,” says Brown, who speaks softly and is courteous. “But obviously I’m here, so it can’t be as bad as everybody says.”
“Don’t always believe what you read,” Brown says.
“I definitely wouldn’t have signed on if it was as horrible as you think it was,” Brown says.
Brown has some skills the Bobcats can use — he is a good defensive rebounder and a good one-on-one post defender when he can use his body on another big man. And with Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal in the east, he’ll get his chance.
And anything that happened in the past between Jordan and Brown is in the past. They have moved on.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10