Aug 25, 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom out there is that Michael Jordan ruined Kwame Brown, and with that the two men can’t stand each other.
But then explain how Jordan signed off on inking Brown to a one-year deal with the Charlotte Bobcats? You can’t. Brown told the Charlotte Observer that the perception of their relationship is wrong.
“A lot of people speculate about my relationship with Michael,” says Brown, who speaks softly and is courteous. “But obviously I’m here, so it can’t be as bad as everybody says.”
“Don’t always believe what you read,” Brown says.
“I definitely wouldn’t have signed on if it was as horrible as you think it was,” Brown says.
Brown has some skills the Bobcats can use — he is a good defensive rebounder and a good one-on-one post defender when he can use his body on another big man. And with Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal in the east, he’ll get his chance.
And anything that happened in the past between Jordan and Brown is in the past. They have moved on.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48