Aug 25, 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
The conventional wisdom out there is that Michael Jordan ruined Kwame Brown, and with that the two men can’t stand each other.
But then explain how Jordan signed off on inking Brown to a one-year deal with the Charlotte Bobcats? You can’t. Brown told the Charlotte Observer that the perception of their relationship is wrong.
“A lot of people speculate about my relationship with Michael,” says Brown, who speaks softly and is courteous. “But obviously I’m here, so it can’t be as bad as everybody says.”
“Don’t always believe what you read,” Brown says.
“I definitely wouldn’t have signed on if it was as horrible as you think it was,” Brown says.
Brown has some skills the Bobcats can use — he is a good defensive rebounder and a good one-on-one post defender when he can use his body on another big man. And with Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal in the east, he’ll get his chance.
And anything that happened in the past between Jordan and Brown is in the past. They have moved on.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3