Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s still a bit curious that Lou Amundson, a nice complementary big who rebounds, hustles, and defends, is a free agent, but he should find a new team pretty soon. From Michael Falgoust of USA Today:
Forward Lou Amundson, the odd man out in the Phoenix Suns’ offseason shuffle, is expected to sign this week with the Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets or Indiana Pacers. “We’re getting close to doing something,” said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. “I think we’ll get something done with Louis this week.”
We’ve already discussed what landing with any of those three teams would mean for Lou in the past, and we’ve reached the point in the off-season where everything remains rather static. The Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors are essentially the same teams they were last week, though with some minor moves made on the periphery here and there.
A cliff’s notes version for you: Indiana is Amundson’s best chance for playing time, Golden State could easily turn sour if Lou ends up buried in a pretty deep rotation, and Hornets should be a fantastic opportunity as long as Chris Paul remains in New Orleans. Amundson isn’t a complicated player, and these potential outcomes reflect that. What Lou offers is very straightforward, and for teams looking for activity and rebounding on the cheap — like Indiana, New Orleans, and Golden State — Amundson is a great find.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23