Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s still a bit curious that Lou Amundson, a nice complementary big who rebounds, hustles, and defends, is a free agent, but he should find a new team pretty soon. From Michael Falgoust of USA Today:
Forward Lou Amundson, the odd man out in the Phoenix Suns’ offseason shuffle, is expected to sign this week with the Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets or Indiana Pacers. “We’re getting close to doing something,” said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. “I think we’ll get something done with Louis this week.”
We’ve already discussed what landing with any of those three teams would mean for Lou in the past, and we’ve reached the point in the off-season where everything remains rather static. The Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors are essentially the same teams they were last week, though with some minor moves made on the periphery here and there.
A cliff’s notes version for you: Indiana is Amundson’s best chance for playing time, Golden State could easily turn sour if Lou ends up buried in a pretty deep rotation, and Hornets should be a fantastic opportunity as long as Chris Paul remains in New Orleans. Amundson isn’t a complicated player, and these potential outcomes reflect that. What Lou offers is very straightforward, and for teams looking for activity and rebounding on the cheap — like Indiana, New Orleans, and Golden State — Amundson is a great find.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 4
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40