Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s still a bit curious that Lou Amundson, a nice complementary big who rebounds, hustles, and defends, is a free agent, but he should find a new team pretty soon. From Michael Falgoust of USA Today:
Forward Lou Amundson, the odd man out in the Phoenix Suns’ offseason shuffle, is expected to sign this week with the Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets or Indiana Pacers. “We’re getting close to doing something,” said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. “I think we’ll get something done with Louis this week.”
We’ve already discussed what landing with any of those three teams would mean for Lou in the past, and we’ve reached the point in the off-season where everything remains rather static. The Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors are essentially the same teams they were last week, though with some minor moves made on the periphery here and there.
A cliff’s notes version for you: Indiana is Amundson’s best chance for playing time, Golden State could easily turn sour if Lou ends up buried in a pretty deep rotation, and Hornets should be a fantastic opportunity as long as Chris Paul remains in New Orleans. Amundson isn’t a complicated player, and these potential outcomes reflect that. What Lou offers is very straightforward, and for teams looking for activity and rebounding on the cheap — like Indiana, New Orleans, and Golden State — Amundson is a great find.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4