Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EST
It’s still a bit curious that Lou Amundson, a nice complementary big who rebounds, hustles, and defends, is a free agent, but he should find a new team pretty soon. From Michael Falgoust of USA Today:
Forward Lou Amundson, the odd man out in the Phoenix Suns’ offseason shuffle, is expected to sign this week with the Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets or Indiana Pacers. “We’re getting close to doing something,” said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. “I think we’ll get something done with Louis this week.”
We’ve already discussed what landing with any of those three teams would mean for Lou in the past, and we’ve reached the point in the off-season where everything remains rather static. The Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors are essentially the same teams they were last week, though with some minor moves made on the periphery here and there.
A cliff’s notes version for you: Indiana is Amundson’s best chance for playing time, Golden State could easily turn sour if Lou ends up buried in a pretty deep rotation, and Hornets should be a fantastic opportunity as long as Chris Paul remains in New Orleans. Amundson isn’t a complicated player, and these potential outcomes reflect that. What Lou offers is very straightforward, and for teams looking for activity and rebounding on the cheap — like Indiana, New Orleans, and Golden State — Amundson is a great find.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6