Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
It’s still a bit curious that Lou Amundson, a nice complementary big who rebounds, hustles, and defends, is a free agent, but he should find a new team pretty soon. From Michael Falgoust of USA Today:
Forward Lou Amundson, the odd man out in the Phoenix Suns’ offseason shuffle, is expected to sign this week with the Golden State Warriors, New Orleans Hornets or Indiana Pacers. “We’re getting close to doing something,” said Mark Bartelstein, his agent. “I think we’ll get something done with Louis this week.”
We’ve already discussed what landing with any of those three teams would mean for Lou in the past, and we’ve reached the point in the off-season where everything remains rather static. The Hornets, Pacers, and Warriors are essentially the same teams they were last week, though with some minor moves made on the periphery here and there.
A cliff’s notes version for you: Indiana is Amundson’s best chance for playing time, Golden State could easily turn sour if Lou ends up buried in a pretty deep rotation, and Hornets should be a fantastic opportunity as long as Chris Paul remains in New Orleans. Amundson isn’t a complicated player, and these potential outcomes reflect that. What Lou offers is very straightforward, and for teams looking for activity and rebounding on the cheap — like Indiana, New Orleans, and Golden State — Amundson is a great find.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25