Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
I’ll take “movies destined for midnight showing cult status” for 400, Alex…
Currently titled “Amazing,” it will be directed by famed Chinese director Hu Xuehua, a winner of the Kennedy Center Honors. So he doesn’t suck. Here’s how the AP explains it.
The NBA and Shanghai Film Group announced the joint production effort on Tuesday, calling it “the first NBA-themed motion picture outside of North America.”
The filming will take place in New York, Beijing and Shanghai through November and feature top actors from Asia. The movie is scheduled to open next summer.
That is going to blow “The First Avenger: Captain America” out of the water next summer. Transformers 3 is scheduled for next summer as well, although rumors on the set are Optimus Prime is just chewing up the scenery. Literally.
Man, I hope “Amazing” is in Chinese and they dub in the voices for Anthony and Howard. Then Woody Allen can get the rights and make “What’s Up Tiger Lily, 2.”
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6