Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
I’ll take “movies destined for midnight showing cult status” for 400, Alex…
Currently titled “Amazing,” it will be directed by famed Chinese director Hu Xuehua, a winner of the Kennedy Center Honors. So he doesn’t suck. Here’s how the AP explains it.
The NBA and Shanghai Film Group announced the joint production effort on Tuesday, calling it “the first NBA-themed motion picture outside of North America.”
The filming will take place in New York, Beijing and Shanghai through November and feature top actors from Asia. The movie is scheduled to open next summer.
That is going to blow “The First Avenger: Captain America” out of the water next summer. Transformers 3 is scheduled for next summer as well, although rumors on the set are Optimus Prime is just chewing up the scenery. Literally.
Man, I hope “Amazing” is in Chinese and they dub in the voices for Anthony and Howard. Then Woody Allen can get the rights and make “What’s Up Tiger Lily, 2.”
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 0
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 17
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 40
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger