Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
I’ll take “movies destined for midnight showing cult status” for 400, Alex…
Currently titled “Amazing,” it will be directed by famed Chinese director Hu Xuehua, a winner of the Kennedy Center Honors. So he doesn’t suck. Here’s how the AP explains it.
The NBA and Shanghai Film Group announced the joint production effort on Tuesday, calling it “the first NBA-themed motion picture outside of North America.”
The filming will take place in New York, Beijing and Shanghai through November and feature top actors from Asia. The movie is scheduled to open next summer.
That is going to blow “The First Avenger: Captain America” out of the water next summer. Transformers 3 is scheduled for next summer as well, although rumors on the set are Optimus Prime is just chewing up the scenery. Literally.
Man, I hope “Amazing” is in Chinese and they dub in the voices for Anthony and Howard. Then Woody Allen can get the rights and make “What’s Up Tiger Lily, 2.”
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4