Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 PM EST
I’ll take “movies destined for midnight showing cult status” for 400, Alex…
Currently titled “Amazing,” it will be directed by famed Chinese director Hu Xuehua, a winner of the Kennedy Center Honors. So he doesn’t suck. Here’s how the AP explains it.
The NBA and Shanghai Film Group announced the joint production effort on Tuesday, calling it “the first NBA-themed motion picture outside of North America.”
The filming will take place in New York, Beijing and Shanghai through November and feature top actors from Asia. The movie is scheduled to open next summer.
That is going to blow “The First Avenger: Captain America” out of the water next summer. Transformers 3 is scheduled for next summer as well, although rumors on the set are Optimus Prime is just chewing up the scenery. Literally.
Man, I hope “Amazing” is in Chinese and they dub in the voices for Anthony and Howard. Then Woody Allen can get the rights and make “What’s Up Tiger Lily, 2.”
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12