Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 PM EDT
I’ll take “movies destined for midnight showing cult status” for 400, Alex…
Currently titled “Amazing,” it will be directed by famed Chinese director Hu Xuehua, a winner of the Kennedy Center Honors. So he doesn’t suck. Here’s how the AP explains it.
The NBA and Shanghai Film Group announced the joint production effort on Tuesday, calling it “the first NBA-themed motion picture outside of North America.”
The filming will take place in New York, Beijing and Shanghai through November and feature top actors from Asia. The movie is scheduled to open next summer.
That is going to blow “The First Avenger: Captain America” out of the water next summer. Transformers 3 is scheduled for next summer as well, although rumors on the set are Optimus Prime is just chewing up the scenery. Literally.
Man, I hope “Amazing” is in Chinese and they dub in the voices for Anthony and Howard. Then Woody Allen can get the rights and make “What’s Up Tiger Lily, 2.”
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31