Aug 23, 2010, 1:34 PM EDT
There are 13 players on the Team USA roster, only 12 can go to the World Championships. There is one more very hard cut to make.
Friday, the smart money said Russell Westbrook and his Mohawk were headed back to the States. Then the
Stephen Curry has played sparing minutes since turning an ankle, maybe he goes. Except that he is the best pure shooter on the squad. Some team is going to pack the 2-3 zone down against the
Maybe Eric Gordon goes. Except he has done nothing but impress. He can shoot the three and he is the strongest guard penetrating the lane behind Chauncey Billups (Derrick Rose can take the physicality, too, but Gordon is a physical beast). The coaching staff loves him, those guys almost never get cut.
Some have suggested Kevin Love goes, but that is lunacy. First, you need him along the already-thin
The problem for Krzyzewski is that there are no good options – anyone you cut hurts you in some way. Despite his great showing against
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3