Aug 23, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love got smacked on the head pretty good in the United States win over Lithuania Saturday then did not play on Sunday.
But don’t read anything into that, he is good to go and likely will see the court against Greece Wednesday. The reason he didn’t play Sunday was it was just one day after the injury, according to NBA.com’s John Schuhmann.
If he can stay on the court, Kevin Love is a guy who should be a big boost for Team USA. He is a good rebounder and the best outlet passer in the game right now, which is an ideal combo for a team that wants to get out and run like the Americans.
Of course, this means he will be perfectly healthy and ready for the Timberwolves to misuse him come training camp.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42