Aug 23, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love got smacked on the head pretty good in the United States win over Lithuania Saturday then did not play on Sunday.
But don’t read anything into that, he is good to go and likely will see the court against Greece Wednesday. The reason he didn’t play Sunday was it was just one day after the injury, according to NBA.com’s John Schuhmann.
If he can stay on the court, Kevin Love is a guy who should be a big boost for Team USA. He is a good rebounder and the best outlet passer in the game right now, which is an ideal combo for a team that wants to get out and run like the Americans.
Of course, this means he will be perfectly healthy and ready for the Timberwolves to misuse him come training camp.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16