Aug 23, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love got smacked on the head pretty good in the United States win over Lithuania Saturday then did not play on Sunday.
But don’t read anything into that, he is good to go and likely will see the court against Greece Wednesday. The reason he didn’t play Sunday was it was just one day after the injury, according to NBA.com’s John Schuhmann.
If he can stay on the court, Kevin Love is a guy who should be a big boost for Team USA. He is a good rebounder and the best outlet passer in the game right now, which is an ideal combo for a team that wants to get out and run like the Americans.
Of course, this means he will be perfectly healthy and ready for the Timberwolves to misuse him come training camp.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90