Aug 23, 2010, 4:40 PM EDT
Kevin Love got smacked on the head pretty good in the United States win over Lithuania Saturday then did not play on Sunday.
But don’t read anything into that, he is good to go and likely will see the court against Greece Wednesday. The reason he didn’t play Sunday was it was just one day after the injury, according to NBA.com’s John Schuhmann.
If he can stay on the court, Kevin Love is a guy who should be a big boost for Team USA. He is a good rebounder and the best outlet passer in the game right now, which is an ideal combo for a team that wants to get out and run like the Americans.
Of course, this means he will be perfectly healthy and ready for the Timberwolves to misuse him come training camp.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18