Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 AM EDT
Jose Calderon battled a lingering hamstring issue through much of the 08-09 season, which has to make everyone a little hesitant at this news:
Calderon is out of the World Championships for Spain after injuring his hamstring against the USA in an exhibition game Sunday.
That would take him right up to the start of the Toronto Raptors training camp, if it heals on time. But hamstrings never heal on time. Come back even a little to early and they aggravate and linger and hang around. Calderon knows that as well as anyone.
Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto GM, has tried to move Calderon in a trade several times, but this will certainly slow that process. If it was ever moving, at all.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 24
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay