Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 AM EST
Jose Calderon battled a lingering hamstring issue through much of the 08-09 season, which has to make everyone a little hesitant at this news:
Calderon is out of the World Championships for Spain after injuring his hamstring against the USA in an exhibition game Sunday.
That would take him right up to the start of the Toronto Raptors training camp, if it heals on time. But hamstrings never heal on time. Come back even a little to early and they aggravate and linger and hang around. Calderon knows that as well as anyone.
Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto GM, has tried to move Calderon in a trade several times, but this will certainly slow that process. If it was ever moving, at all.
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23