Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 AM EDT
Jose Calderon battled a lingering hamstring issue through much of the 08-09 season, which has to make everyone a little hesitant at this news:
Calderon is out of the World Championships for Spain after injuring his hamstring against the USA in an exhibition game Sunday.
That would take him right up to the start of the Toronto Raptors training camp, if it heals on time. But hamstrings never heal on time. Come back even a little to early and they aggravate and linger and hang around. Calderon knows that as well as anyone.
Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto GM, has tried to move Calderon in a trade several times, but this will certainly slow that process. If it was ever moving, at all.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 1
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 12
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70