Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 AM EST
Jose Calderon battled a lingering hamstring issue through much of the 08-09 season, which has to make everyone a little hesitant at this news:
Calderon is out of the World Championships for Spain after injuring his hamstring against the USA in an exhibition game Sunday.
That would take him right up to the start of the Toronto Raptors training camp, if it heals on time. But hamstrings never heal on time. Come back even a little to early and they aggravate and linger and hang around. Calderon knows that as well as anyone.
Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto GM, has tried to move Calderon in a trade several times, but this will certainly slow that process. If it was ever moving, at all.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 16
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 30
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 41