Aug 23, 2010, 11:25 AM EDT
Jose Calderon battled a lingering hamstring issue through much of the 08-09 season, which has to make everyone a little hesitant at this news:
Calderon is out of the World Championships for Spain after injuring his hamstring against the USA in an exhibition game Sunday.
That would take him right up to the start of the Toronto Raptors training camp, if it heals on time. But hamstrings never heal on time. Come back even a little to early and they aggravate and linger and hang around. Calderon knows that as well as anyone.
Bryan Colangelo, the Toronto GM, has tried to move Calderon in a trade several times, but this will certainly slow that process. If it was ever moving, at all.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25