Aug 20, 2010, 4:29 PM EDT
DeLonte West is still trying to find a team for next season, but when he does that team will be without his services for 10 games.
The NBA Friday announced a 10 game suspension without pay for West who pled guilty “to carrying a concealed weapon and wearing, carrying, and transporting a handgun, in violation of the law of the State of Maryland,” according to the league statement.
West played for the Cavaliers last season, giving them 9 points and 25 minutes a game off the bench. This summer he was traded to Minnesota where he was waived for financial reasons.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9