Aug 20, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Darren Collison has gone from being the guy who backs up Chris Paul to the man expected to turn Indiana’s fortunes around. No pressure.
I think we have a lot of good things to look forward to, but I want to make the playoffs this year. I don’t want to wait. I don’t want to do none of that. I don’t want to talk about it, and I wanna work hard to make the playoffs this year. I think this city and this organization deserves it.”
Collison at the helm of a running offense and Danny Granger full of Team USA confidence should make the Pacers a better team. Making the playoffs in the East will not be easy. There are six teams that are virtual locks: Heat, Celtics, Magic, Hawks, Bulls and Bucks. That leaves two spots for the Pacers, Knicks Nets, Sixers, Pistons, Bobcats and Wizards to fight over. May be a bit of a stretch, but a good goal for the Pacers.
That’s not going to happen though unless Collison is recovered from his broken finger. He said that is coming along well.
“It’s nothing broken. It’s just fractured. I will be ready to go before training camp. It’s just a slow process right now. It’s not a real cast over it. It’s just a cautionary thing over it that keeps me healing the right way.”
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 39
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4