Aug 19, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Can you consistently knock down free throws? If so, you stand a good chance of beating Dwight Howard in H-O-R-S-E.
And if you have the money, you can get to play him.
Howard is auctioning off the chance to play H-O-R-S-E against him to raise money for Usher’s New Look Foundation (hat tip to CNBC’s Darren Rovell). That organization trains youth to be the leaders of tomorrow, and in doing so increases their chances of graduating from high school and going on to college. It’s a good cause, a good place to put your money.
Then after you do so, brush up on your free throws. And be sure to tell Howard no dunks while wearing a cape in this game.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 17
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10