Aug 19, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Can you consistently knock down free throws? If so, you stand a good chance of beating Dwight Howard in H-O-R-S-E.
And if you have the money, you can get to play him.
Howard is auctioning off the chance to play H-O-R-S-E against him to raise money for Usher’s New Look Foundation (hat tip to CNBC’s Darren Rovell). That organization trains youth to be the leaders of tomorrow, and in doing so increases their chances of graduating from high school and going on to college. It’s a good cause, a good place to put your money.
Then after you do so, brush up on your free throws. And be sure to tell Howard no dunks while wearing a cape in this game.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 67
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31