Aug 19, 2010, 9:20 AM EDT
Can you consistently knock down free throws? If so, you stand a good chance of beating Dwight Howard in H-O-R-S-E.
And if you have the money, you can get to play him.
Howard is auctioning off the chance to play H-O-R-S-E against him to raise money for Usher’s New Look Foundation (hat tip to CNBC’s Darren Rovell). That organization trains youth to be the leaders of tomorrow, and in doing so increases their chances of graduating from high school and going on to college. It’s a good cause, a good place to put your money.
Then after you do so, brush up on your free throws. And be sure to tell Howard no dunks while wearing a cape in this game.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 12
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65