Aug 19, 2010, 10:50 AM EST
When it comes to vacation destinations, the Italian island of Sardinia blows Indianapolis out of the water. No offense intended, Indiana, it blows all but a handful of places in the United States out of the water. It is a stunningly beautiful place.
So despite the fact that Indianapolis is a better basketball destination, it’s hard to feel too sorry for Travis Diener, who has signed a deal to play for Dinamo Sassari, the team from the island of Sardinia, according to FDLreporter.com.
Diener missed most of last season with a foot injury, which gave AJ Price a chance to take his minutes and role. So the Pacers waived Diener and he was picked up by guard-heavy Portland. He played just five games there.
In his first four seasons in the NBA, Diener was a solid backup guard, not much more. In Sardinia he will be a top-flight player who will love the shorter international three-point line. Plus, did we mention it’s beautiful there.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0