Aug 19, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
When it comes to vacation destinations, the Italian island of Sardinia blows Indianapolis out of the water. No offense intended, Indiana, it blows all but a handful of places in the United States out of the water. It is a stunningly beautiful place.
So despite the fact that Indianapolis is a better basketball destination, it’s hard to feel too sorry for Travis Diener, who has signed a deal to play for Dinamo Sassari, the team from the island of Sardinia, according to FDLreporter.com.
Diener missed most of last season with a foot injury, which gave AJ Price a chance to take his minutes and role. So the Pacers waived Diener and he was picked up by guard-heavy Portland. He played just five games there.
In his first four seasons in the NBA, Diener was a solid backup guard, not much more. In Sardinia he will be a top-flight player who will love the shorter international three-point line. Plus, did we mention it’s beautiful there.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 4
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 35
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 50
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 37
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40