Aug 19, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
We told you the league was looking into this, well they did and it didn’t take long for the league to decide Rudy Fernandez’s public whining about wanting a trade or to be released violated league policy.
The NBA announced that Fernandez has been fined $25,000 for “public statements detrimental to the NBA.”
What does this really mean, aside the NBA charity getting a big check from Mr. Fernandez? Well, one can hope this calms down the rhetoric some for a little while.
But the fact of the matter is Nate Robinson publicly demanded a trade this year and got his way. Stephen Jackson demanded a trade this year and got his way.
Rudy Fernandez demanded a trade and…. it will come, he just has to wait while Rich Cho (Portland GM) sees if anybody ups the offers on the table. (Reportedly Boston and Chicago offered their 2011 first rounder, the Knicks offered Wilson Chandler as the key component.)
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9