Aug 19, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
We told you the league was looking into this, well they did and it didn’t take long for the league to decide Rudy Fernandez’s public whining about wanting a trade or to be released violated league policy.
The NBA announced that Fernandez has been fined $25,000 for “public statements detrimental to the NBA.”
What does this really mean, aside the NBA charity getting a big check from Mr. Fernandez? Well, one can hope this calms down the rhetoric some for a little while.
But the fact of the matter is Nate Robinson publicly demanded a trade this year and got his way. Stephen Jackson demanded a trade this year and got his way.
Rudy Fernandez demanded a trade and…. it will come, he just has to wait while Rich Cho (Portland GM) sees if anybody ups the offers on the table. (Reportedly Boston and Chicago offered their 2011 first rounder, the Knicks offered Wilson Chandler as the key component.)
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 3
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12