Aug 19, 2010, 6:47 PM EST
We told you the league was looking into this, well they did and it didn’t take long for the league to decide Rudy Fernandez’s public whining about wanting a trade or to be released violated league policy.
The NBA announced that Fernandez has been fined $25,000 for “public statements detrimental to the NBA.”
What does this really mean, aside the NBA charity getting a big check from Mr. Fernandez? Well, one can hope this calms down the rhetoric some for a little while.
But the fact of the matter is Nate Robinson publicly demanded a trade this year and got his way. Stephen Jackson demanded a trade this year and got his way.
Rudy Fernandez demanded a trade and…. it will come, he just has to wait while Rich Cho (Portland GM) sees if anybody ups the offers on the table. (Reportedly Boston and Chicago offered their 2011 first rounder, the Knicks offered Wilson Chandler as the key component.)
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5