Aug 19, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
We told you the league was looking into this, well they did and it didn’t take long for the league to decide Rudy Fernandez’s public whining about wanting a trade or to be released violated league policy.
The NBA announced that Fernandez has been fined $25,000 for “public statements detrimental to the NBA.”
What does this really mean, aside the NBA charity getting a big check from Mr. Fernandez? Well, one can hope this calms down the rhetoric some for a little while.
But the fact of the matter is Nate Robinson publicly demanded a trade this year and got his way. Stephen Jackson demanded a trade this year and got his way.
Rudy Fernandez demanded a trade and…. it will come, he just has to wait while Rich Cho (Portland GM) sees if anybody ups the offers on the table. (Reportedly Boston and Chicago offered their 2011 first rounder, the Knicks offered Wilson Chandler as the key component.)
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6