Aug 19, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
There’s not a lot of minutes to be had as the third point guard in Milwaukee, but whatever those minutes are it appears Earl Boykins is going to get them.
Boykins is near a one-year deal with the Bucks, according to the Journal Sentinel. While details were not discussed, this almost certainly is for the veteran minimum.
Boykins played in Washington last season and was a popular player in Milwaukee when he was with the team in the 06-07 season. Now he will be playing behind Brandon Jennings and Keyon Dooling. When those two are healthy, there will not be a ton of minutes for Boykins, but you can bet he will get his moments over the course of the season.
This pretty much sets the Bucks roster, meaning second round pick Tiny Gallons is likely headed to Europe. That may be the best thing for him, if he can develop some offensive moves and polish he could find his way back stateside as a quality big off the bench.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68