Aug 19, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
There’s not a lot of minutes to be had as the third point guard in Milwaukee, but whatever those minutes are it appears Earl Boykins is going to get them.
Boykins is near a one-year deal with the Bucks, according to the Journal Sentinel. While details were not discussed, this almost certainly is for the veteran minimum.
Boykins played in Washington last season and was a popular player in Milwaukee when he was with the team in the 06-07 season. Now he will be playing behind Brandon Jennings and Keyon Dooling. When those two are healthy, there will not be a ton of minutes for Boykins, but you can bet he will get his moments over the course of the season.
This pretty much sets the Bucks roster, meaning second round pick Tiny Gallons is likely headed to Europe. That may be the best thing for him, if he can develop some offensive moves and polish he could find his way back stateside as a quality big off the bench.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10