Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
And somewhere in Maui, for a reason unbeknownst to him, Don Nelson felt a chill go up his spine….
In the final minutes of a Team USA practice scrimmage Wednesday, Stephen Curry went down with a twisted ankle, according to John Schuhman of NBA.com.
The team is calling it mild and he is day-to-day. Team USA has games this weekend as warm-ups for the World Championships in Turkey.
The only problem with this for Curry is that one guard still needs to be cut from the 13-man roster — him, Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Curry has seemed the most safe, but any injury when you are fighting for a job is hard. Still looks like Westbrook might be the guy who goes.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14