Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
And somewhere in Maui, for a reason unbeknownst to him, Don Nelson felt a chill go up his spine….
In the final minutes of a Team USA practice scrimmage Wednesday, Stephen Curry went down with a twisted ankle, according to John Schuhman of NBA.com.
The team is calling it mild and he is day-to-day. Team USA has games this weekend as warm-ups for the World Championships in Turkey.
The only problem with this for Curry is that one guard still needs to be cut from the 13-man roster — him, Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Curry has seemed the most safe, but any injury when you are fighting for a job is hard. Still looks like Westbrook might be the guy who goes.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 0
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 2
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 4
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 9
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2