Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
And somewhere in Maui, for a reason unbeknownst to him, Don Nelson felt a chill go up his spine….
In the final minutes of a Team USA practice scrimmage Wednesday, Stephen Curry went down with a twisted ankle, according to John Schuhman of NBA.com.
The team is calling it mild and he is day-to-day. Team USA has games this weekend as warm-ups for the World Championships in Turkey.
The only problem with this for Curry is that one guard still needs to be cut from the 13-man roster — him, Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Curry has seemed the most safe, but any injury when you are fighting for a job is hard. Still looks like Westbrook might be the guy who goes.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 1
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 27
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7