Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
And somewhere in Maui, for a reason unbeknownst to him, Don Nelson felt a chill go up his spine….
In the final minutes of a Team USA practice scrimmage Wednesday, Stephen Curry went down with a twisted ankle, according to John Schuhman of NBA.com.
The team is calling it mild and he is day-to-day. Team USA has games this weekend as warm-ups for the World Championships in Turkey.
The only problem with this for Curry is that one guard still needs to be cut from the 13-man roster — him, Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Curry has seemed the most safe, but any injury when you are fighting for a job is hard. Still looks like Westbrook might be the guy who goes.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85