Aug 18, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
And somewhere in Maui, for a reason unbeknownst to him, Don Nelson felt a chill go up his spine….
In the final minutes of a Team USA practice scrimmage Wednesday, Stephen Curry went down with a twisted ankle, according to John Schuhman of NBA.com.
The team is calling it mild and he is day-to-day. Team USA has games this weekend as warm-ups for the World Championships in Turkey.
The only problem with this for Curry is that one guard still needs to be cut from the 13-man roster — him, Eric Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Curry has seemed the most safe, but any injury when you are fighting for a job is hard. Still looks like Westbrook might be the guy who goes.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17