Aug 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Big news: Nathan Jawai, the 2008 second rounder who played for Minnesota last season and Toronto the season prior, will play professionally for BC Partizan in Serbia next season, according to Inside Hoops. It’s only big news because all things with Nathan Jawai are, well, big. The guy’s built like a Winnebago.
Jawai is definitely a plodder, and he lacks the offensive polish necessary to really take advantage of his bulk. Rebounding and conditioning are also notable concerns with Jawai’s game. He’s only 23 and should be back in the league at some point — or back in Summer League, at the very least — but for now Jawai really hasn’t shown the growth necessary to warrant a regular NBA gig.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9