Aug 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Big news: Nathan Jawai, the 2008 second rounder who played for Minnesota last season and Toronto the season prior, will play professionally for BC Partizan in Serbia next season, according to Inside Hoops. It’s only big news because all things with Nathan Jawai are, well, big. The guy’s built like a Winnebago.
Jawai is definitely a plodder, and he lacks the offensive polish necessary to really take advantage of his bulk. Rebounding and conditioning are also notable concerns with Jawai’s game. He’s only 23 and should be back in the league at some point — or back in Summer League, at the very least — but for now Jawai really hasn’t shown the growth necessary to warrant a regular NBA gig.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23