Aug 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Big news: Nathan Jawai, the 2008 second rounder who played for Minnesota last season and Toronto the season prior, will play professionally for BC Partizan in Serbia next season, according to Inside Hoops. It’s only big news because all things with Nathan Jawai are, well, big. The guy’s built like a Winnebago.
Jawai is definitely a plodder, and he lacks the offensive polish necessary to really take advantage of his bulk. Rebounding and conditioning are also notable concerns with Jawai’s game. He’s only 23 and should be back in the league at some point — or back in Summer League, at the very least — but for now Jawai really hasn’t shown the growth necessary to warrant a regular NBA gig.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 13
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 33
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28