Aug 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Big news: Nathan Jawai, the 2008 second rounder who played for Minnesota last season and Toronto the season prior, will play professionally for BC Partizan in Serbia next season, according to Inside Hoops. It’s only big news because all things with Nathan Jawai are, well, big. The guy’s built like a Winnebago.
Jawai is definitely a plodder, and he lacks the offensive polish necessary to really take advantage of his bulk. Rebounding and conditioning are also notable concerns with Jawai’s game. He’s only 23 and should be back in the league at some point — or back in Summer League, at the very least — but for now Jawai really hasn’t shown the growth necessary to warrant a regular NBA gig.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10