Aug 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
Big news: Nathan Jawai, the 2008 second rounder who played for Minnesota last season and Toronto the season prior, will play professionally for BC Partizan in Serbia next season, according to Inside Hoops. It’s only big news because all things with Nathan Jawai are, well, big. The guy’s built like a Winnebago.
Jawai is definitely a plodder, and he lacks the offensive polish necessary to really take advantage of his bulk. Rebounding and conditioning are also notable concerns with Jawai’s game. He’s only 23 and should be back in the league at some point — or back in Summer League, at the very least — but for now Jawai really hasn’t shown the growth necessary to warrant a regular NBA gig.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)