Aug 18, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
There are enough conspiracy theories around LeBron’s elbow that I’m convinced it was injured by the man in the grassy knoll.
While LeBron doubters have called it imagined, in a much-overlooked part of the GQ interview James said the elbow still bothered him (the interviews took place in July).
“I go out there and get a hard workout, and I know the elbow is not 100 percent healthy… It feels great, but I’m not going to wait until it hurts to start icing it.”
I’m not on board with the Oliver Stone fans saying it was all a ruse to help facilitate leaving Cleveland for Miami. It looked to me like he was genuinely hurting. That whatever exactly happened it changed parts of his game as he tried to compensate.
But we won’t know for sure until we hear from LeBron’s elbow itself.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42