Aug 18, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Cleveland is “Dreaming With A Broken Heart” after The Decision. Don’t worry Cleveland. John Mayer has your back.
Rather than “Waiting on the World To Change” he is going to stir the pot himself. He may even end up on LeBron’s fabled list, even though LeBron is “Bigger Than My Body.”
At a recent concert in Cleveland, Mayer came out on stage in a Cavaliers jersey (and matching headband, of course) and said he would wear it on stage in Miami on Sept. 11. That’s gets an even bigger response than “How you doing tonight Cleveland?” because, you know, Cleveland is feeding on its white-hot hate of LeBron right now.
Breaking one of my promises to you, dear reader, never to put soccer mom music on this blog, the video of the moment is below, but it does contain some Mayer singing. I apologize in advance. (All this via Trey at Ball don’t Lie and The Cleveland Scene)
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5