Aug 18, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Cleveland is “Dreaming With A Broken Heart” after The Decision. Don’t worry Cleveland. John Mayer has your back.
Rather than “Waiting on the World To Change” he is going to stir the pot himself. He may even end up on LeBron’s fabled list, even though LeBron is “Bigger Than My Body.”
At a recent concert in Cleveland, Mayer came out on stage in a Cavaliers jersey (and matching headband, of course) and said he would wear it on stage in Miami on Sept. 11. That’s gets an even bigger response than “How you doing tonight Cleveland?” because, you know, Cleveland is feeding on its white-hot hate of LeBron right now.
Breaking one of my promises to you, dear reader, never to put soccer mom music on this blog, the video of the moment is below, but it does contain some Mayer singing. I apologize in advance. (All this via Trey at Ball don’t Lie and The Cleveland Scene)
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 26
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (41)