Aug 18, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
It’s trendy to hate the Heat, what with their ripping the hearts out of Cleveland to form the Superfriends. Trust me, plenty of people around the league have the hate, some going so far as to say the only thing that could ever get them to root for the Lakers in the finals would be the Heat.
And the Heat have embraced it all with a love-me-or-hate-me attitude — they’ve got Scarface rip-off T-Shirts, their entire staff walks into Summer League in Vegas wearing black. You almost expect the Darth Vader theme to follow them around.
And Chris Bosh is good with that. Hate away, he told Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.
“It’s a healthy hate,” said Bosh. “When the Lakers came to town, I hated the Lakers. It’s what you need as motivation to beat these guys. We know we’re going to get a team’s best every single night. We know we’re going to get the crowds best every single night. We have a big X on our back. People are saying our team is not good for basketball. We’re going to hear everything. It’s OK. It’s going to happen. We just have to win and keep on moving.”
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30