Aug 18, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
It’s trendy to hate the Heat, what with their ripping the hearts out of Cleveland to form the Superfriends. Trust me, plenty of people around the league have the hate, some going so far as to say the only thing that could ever get them to root for the Lakers in the finals would be the Heat.
And the Heat have embraced it all with a love-me-or-hate-me attitude — they’ve got Scarface rip-off T-Shirts, their entire staff walks into Summer League in Vegas wearing black. You almost expect the Darth Vader theme to follow them around.
And Chris Bosh is good with that. Hate away, he told Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.
“It’s a healthy hate,” said Bosh. “When the Lakers came to town, I hated the Lakers. It’s what you need as motivation to beat these guys. We know we’re going to get a team’s best every single night. We know we’re going to get the crowds best every single night. We have a big X on our back. People are saying our team is not good for basketball. We’re going to hear everything. It’s OK. It’s going to happen. We just have to win and keep on moving.”
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 37
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89