Aug 18, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have new-look duds to go with their new-look team (get excited for Christian Eyenga!), and they look pretty sharp:
The Cavs are just one of the many teams to shift to a more minimalistic, traditional look. Squads like the Celtics and Lakers have held onto their historic unis through the years, but recently we’ve seen teams like the Sixers and Jazz revert back to throwback styles. This scheme may not be a throwback in the truest sense, but it does reflect both the color scheme and simplistic look of Cavs’ jerseys past.
Don’t mourn the death of the ‘modern’ jersey. This is a good thing. No more flaming horses. No more swashbuckling swords. Just duds that look like they were made to play basketball in. Three cheers for simplicity.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20