Aug 18, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have new-look duds to go with their new-look team (get excited for Christian Eyenga!), and they look pretty sharp:
The Cavs are just one of the many teams to shift to a more minimalistic, traditional look. Squads like the Celtics and Lakers have held onto their historic unis through the years, but recently we’ve seen teams like the Sixers and Jazz revert back to throwback styles. This scheme may not be a throwback in the truest sense, but it does reflect both the color scheme and simplistic look of Cavs’ jerseys past.
Don’t mourn the death of the ‘modern’ jersey. This is a good thing. No more flaming horses. No more swashbuckling swords. Just duds that look like they were made to play basketball in. Three cheers for simplicity.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3