Aug 18, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have new-look duds to go with their new-look team (get excited for Christian Eyenga!), and they look pretty sharp:
The Cavs are just one of the many teams to shift to a more minimalistic, traditional look. Squads like the Celtics and Lakers have held onto their historic unis through the years, but recently we’ve seen teams like the Sixers and Jazz revert back to throwback styles. This scheme may not be a throwback in the truest sense, but it does reflect both the color scheme and simplistic look of Cavs’ jerseys past.
Don’t mourn the death of the ‘modern’ jersey. This is a good thing. No more flaming horses. No more swashbuckling swords. Just duds that look like they were made to play basketball in. Three cheers for simplicity.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3