Aug 18, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have new-look duds to go with their new-look team (get excited for Christian Eyenga!), and they look pretty sharp:
The Cavs are just one of the many teams to shift to a more minimalistic, traditional look. Squads like the Celtics and Lakers have held onto their historic unis through the years, but recently we’ve seen teams like the Sixers and Jazz revert back to throwback styles. This scheme may not be a throwback in the truest sense, but it does reflect both the color scheme and simplistic look of Cavs’ jerseys past.
Don’t mourn the death of the ‘modern’ jersey. This is a good thing. No more flaming horses. No more swashbuckling swords. Just duds that look like they were made to play basketball in. Three cheers for simplicity.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 37
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6