Aug 18, 2010, 1:43 PM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers have new-look duds to go with their new-look team (get excited for Christian Eyenga!), and they look pretty sharp:
The Cavs are just one of the many teams to shift to a more minimalistic, traditional look. Squads like the Celtics and Lakers have held onto their historic unis through the years, but recently we’ve seen teams like the Sixers and Jazz revert back to throwback styles. This scheme may not be a throwback in the truest sense, but it does reflect both the color scheme and simplistic look of Cavs’ jerseys past.
Don’t mourn the death of the ‘modern’ jersey. This is a good thing. No more flaming horses. No more swashbuckling swords. Just duds that look like they were made to play basketball in. Three cheers for simplicity.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50