Aug 17, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is going to be like Elvis this year. Jim Morrison. Tupac.
He will not be dead and there will be sightings of him — and the return of his career — all over the place. Particularly Boston, as Sheed will still be living in the city.
The first one of those came from Paul Pierce, who had Sheed at his youth camp, as reported by Sherrod Blakely at Comcast New England:
You can count Pierce among those who thinks a Wallace return to the Celtics will happen sometime prior to the playoffs, despite Wallace insisting that he’s done playing.
“I told him, ‘Go ahead, do all you need to do,’ ” Pierce said. ” ‘Take the kids everywhere. We’ll see you in February.’ “
Maybe Pierce was joking, but Sheed was serious. From that same article.
When asked by CSNNE.com about whether his NBA career was indeed wrapped up, Wallace responded, “Like Christmas.”
Don’t you unwrap presents on Christmas? So…
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 0
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 8
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31