Aug 17, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace is going to be like Elvis this year. Jim Morrison. Tupac.
He will not be dead and there will be sightings of him — and the return of his career — all over the place. Particularly Boston, as Sheed will still be living in the city.
The first one of those came from Paul Pierce, who had Sheed at his youth camp, as reported by Sherrod Blakely at Comcast New England:
You can count Pierce among those who thinks a Wallace return to the Celtics will happen sometime prior to the playoffs, despite Wallace insisting that he’s done playing.
“I told him, ‘Go ahead, do all you need to do,’ ” Pierce said. ” ‘Take the kids everywhere. We’ll see you in February.’ “
Maybe Pierce was joking, but Sheed was serious. From that same article.
When asked by CSNNE.com about whether his NBA career was indeed wrapped up, Wallace responded, “Like Christmas.”
Don’t you unwrap presents on Christmas? So…
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10