Aug 17, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is going to be like Elvis this year. Jim Morrison. Tupac.
He will not be dead and there will be sightings of him — and the return of his career — all over the place. Particularly Boston, as Sheed will still be living in the city.
The first one of those came from Paul Pierce, who had Sheed at his youth camp, as reported by Sherrod Blakely at Comcast New England:
You can count Pierce among those who thinks a Wallace return to the Celtics will happen sometime prior to the playoffs, despite Wallace insisting that he’s done playing.
“I told him, ‘Go ahead, do all you need to do,’ ” Pierce said. ” ‘Take the kids everywhere. We’ll see you in February.’ “
Maybe Pierce was joking, but Sheed was serious. From that same article.
When asked by CSNNE.com about whether his NBA career was indeed wrapped up, Wallace responded, “Like Christmas.”
Don’t you unwrap presents on Christmas? So…
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42