Aug 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Indiana finally got the point guard they needed, and it took just six days for him to get injured. Somebody just can’t catch a break from the basketball gods.
Darren Collison has fractured a finger on his shooting hand, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
The good news is this is something that should be fully healed come training camp. We might watch to see if turnovers are up early because his handle isn’t all the way back. Or if he struggles to find his shot a little as he recovers.
But come the start of the season, Collison should be good to go.
Not good news, but not the worst news the Pacers have had about a guard in the last couple days.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 21
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20