Aug 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Indiana finally got the point guard they needed, and it took just six days for him to get injured. Somebody just can’t catch a break from the basketball gods.
Darren Collison has fractured a finger on his shooting hand, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
The good news is this is something that should be fully healed come training camp. We might watch to see if turnovers are up early because his handle isn’t all the way back. Or if he struggles to find his shot a little as he recovers.
But come the start of the season, Collison should be good to go.
Not good news, but not the worst news the Pacers have had about a guard in the last couple days.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 0
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 2
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 4
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 9
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2