Aug 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Indiana finally got the point guard they needed, and it took just six days for him to get injured. Somebody just can’t catch a break from the basketball gods.
Darren Collison has fractured a finger on his shooting hand, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
The good news is this is something that should be fully healed come training camp. We might watch to see if turnovers are up early because his handle isn’t all the way back. Or if he struggles to find his shot a little as he recovers.
But come the start of the season, Collison should be good to go.
Not good news, but not the worst news the Pacers have had about a guard in the last couple days.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (66)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'