Aug 17, 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Indiana finally got the point guard they needed, and it took just six days for him to get injured. Somebody just can’t catch a break from the basketball gods.
Darren Collison has fractured a finger on his shooting hand, according to Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star.
The good news is this is something that should be fully healed come training camp. We might watch to see if turnovers are up early because his handle isn’t all the way back. Or if he struggles to find his shot a little as he recovers.
But come the start of the season, Collison should be good to go.
Not good news, but not the worst news the Pacers have had about a guard in the last couple days.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 0
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10