Aug 16, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
For the past three seasons, Oleksiy Pecherov tried to find his place in the NBA.
Now his place will be in Milan.
Pecherov played in just 44 games for the Timberwolves last season. Then with the re-signing of Darko Milicic and with Anthony Tolliver signing there, Pecherov was going to remain well down the pecking order at the five if he came back.
This is best for everyone. And living in Milan — where the temperatures drop only into the high 40s in February and models walk the street of a fashion capital — may not be so bad compared to Minneapolis in winter.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'