Aug 16, 2010, 7:31 PM EST
Is there a bigger sign of the divergent paths their careers have taken than knowing Kobe Bryant was hanging with Kanye West and Mos Def last week, and the last we saw of Shaq he was with Justin Bieber?
As the people who have not unfollowed Kanye’s shoutout-heavy twitter account knew (or as you can see from the photo), Kobe was indeed the studio with Kanye last weekend, while Kanye is remixing and reworking Power. We’re sure it’s a doctor’s part of his knee rehab, or he wouldn’t be doing it. Right? Or maybe, just maybe, Kobe likes to have fun now and again too, he just doesn’t do a television show about it.
Kobe was actually in hanging out and talking about the philosophy of power.
Kobe wins, Kobe is a killer on the court, so he has the cred to hang with whomever he wants. He’s earned it (not because of his hip hop efforts). Plus, Kanye said it and said it in all caps so you know it’s true:
YO KOBE IS THE GREATEST AND A REALLY NICE GUY!!!
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10