Aug 16, 2010, 10:42 PM EST
How many franchises out there could use to bounce some of their personnel moves off Jerry West?
Actually, is there any that couldn’t?
Jerry West is done with his days doing the day-to-day grind thing, but he would consider a consultant’s role with a front office, he told NBA.com.
“If there were an opportunity that I considered attractive, and obviously working with the right people would be very, very important, I could have an interest. But it wouldn’t be on a day-to-day interest. I’ve always felt it would be nice to be a working consultant. I’m not talking about somebody that just sits around and does nothing. You’re either in or you’re out.”
That would have been his role with Golden State if West’s friend Larry Ellison had won the bidding for that franchise.
But as he did not, West is available if he likes the situation.
Jerry West “The Logo.” Jerry West one of the best guards ever to play the game. Jerry West the guy who helped keep the Lakers on top during the Showtime era then convinced Shaq to come to L.A. West the guy who talked John Calipari (then with the Nets) out of drafting Kobe Bryant so he could grab the future Hall of Famer. Jerry West one of the best NBA executives ever.
Yea, a few teams might be better off bouncing their player/personnel moves off West.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 2
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 1
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 12
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)