Aug 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to BasketNet, Miami Heat second-round pick Jarvis Varnado will be playing in Italy next season.
Varnado was an excellent shot-blocker at Mississippi State, and averaged at least 4.6 blocks per game in each of his last three college seasons. The Heat could use that kind of defensive presence, but with Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem, Dexter Pittman, Chris Bosh, and several more big men already under contract for the Heat, it appears that Varnado will be the odd man out this season.
The Heat will retain Varnado’s rights, so a Heat contract could be in Varnado’s future if he plays well in Italy.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld