Aug 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to BasketNet, Miami Heat second-round pick Jarvis Varnado will be playing in Italy next season.
Varnado was an excellent shot-blocker at Mississippi State, and averaged at least 4.6 blocks per game in each of his last three college seasons. The Heat could use that kind of defensive presence, but with Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem, Dexter Pittman, Chris Bosh, and several more big men already under contract for the Heat, it appears that Varnado will be the odd man out this season.
The Heat will retain Varnado’s rights, so a Heat contract could be in Varnado’s future if he plays well in Italy.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 15
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld