Aug 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to BasketNet, Miami Heat second-round pick Jarvis Varnado will be playing in Italy next season.
Varnado was an excellent shot-blocker at Mississippi State, and averaged at least 4.6 blocks per game in each of his last three college seasons. The Heat could use that kind of defensive presence, but with Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem, Dexter Pittman, Chris Bosh, and several more big men already under contract for the Heat, it appears that Varnado will be the odd man out this season.
The Heat will retain Varnado’s rights, so a Heat contract could be in Varnado’s future if he plays well in Italy.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46
Did Chicago do the right thing in firing Thibodeau?
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld