Aug 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
According to BasketNet, Miami Heat second-round pick Jarvis Varnado will be playing in Italy next season.
Varnado was an excellent shot-blocker at Mississippi State, and averaged at least 4.6 blocks per game in each of his last three college seasons. The Heat could use that kind of defensive presence, but with Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem, Dexter Pittman, Chris Bosh, and several more big men already under contract for the Heat, it appears that Varnado will be the odd man out this season.
The Heat will retain Varnado’s rights, so a Heat contract could be in Varnado’s future if he plays well in Italy.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 0
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 4
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld