Aug 14, 2010, 9:50 PM EST
Rucker Park in Harlem is a hoops Mecca, home of legendary players, the And1 mix tapes and some serious ball. As part of the Nike World Basketball Festival, Kobe Bryant was out there running a clinic, right after Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade had dropped in for an event.
Then the world came to Rucker — China’s national team took on some New York All-Stars. Then Brazil and Puerto Rico had a scrimmage. One of the biggest days in the history of a park that’s been running legendary games since the 1950s.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 6
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44