Aug 14, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
Rucker Park in Harlem is a hoops Mecca, home of legendary players, the And1 mix tapes and some serious ball. As part of the Nike World Basketball Festival, Kobe Bryant was out there running a clinic, right after Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade had dropped in for an event.
Then the world came to Rucker — China’s national team took on some New York All-Stars. Then Brazil and Puerto Rico had a scrimmage. One of the biggest days in the history of a park that’s been running legendary games since the 1950s.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85