Aug 14, 2010, 9:50 PM EST
Rucker Park in Harlem is a hoops Mecca, home of legendary players, the And1 mix tapes and some serious ball. As part of the Nike World Basketball Festival, Kobe Bryant was out there running a clinic, right after Michael Jordan and Dwyane Wade had dropped in for an event.
Then the world came to Rucker — China’s national team took on some New York All-Stars. Then Brazil and Puerto Rico had a scrimmage. One of the biggest days in the history of a park that’s been running legendary games since the 1950s.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 8
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 16
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)