Aug 14, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
Amare Stoudemire has made the move. Carmelo Anthony is reportedly thinking about it.
And now it may be that Tony Parker is in a New York state of mind as well, at least according to the very good Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld:
The Knicks will make Anthony their priority next summer but the team, according to one source, “will have Parker if they want him.” Tony loves the situation in New York and, similar to Anthony, has already begun expressing interest in the destination to those in his inner circle.
This season, Parker is going nowhere. The Spurs want to make one more big run at it, and they believe that a lineup of Parker, George Hill, Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan and newly signed Tiago Splitter (look for that lineup to close games, not start) along with Richard Jefferson, DeJuan Blair, Antonio McDyess and Matt Bonner they can do some serious damage in the playoffs. They likely can, if they can keep the core healthy.
But whenever that run ends, Tony Parker becomes a free agent. And Manhattan is becoming quite the draw.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 5
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19