Aug 13, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
Nobody is quite sure how he fits in or if he can fit in, but Terrico White is getting a chance.
The Pistons picked him in the second round o the NBA draft and have now inked him to a two-year deal at the league minimum (the second year is not guaranteed). He gives the Pistons 15 men under contract for next season, so they are done making moves for now.
White may be the best pure athlete drafted this year — he was the only one at the combine to have a 40-inch vertical leap. He was known as a long-armed great athlete at Ole Miss, it’s just that he was raw. There are a lot of great athletes playing on the wings in the NBA, you have to offer more than that.
White not gets the chance to prove he can.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10