Aug 13, 2010, 9:46 AM EST
Nobody is quite sure how he fits in or if he can fit in, but Terrico White is getting a chance.
The Pistons picked him in the second round o the NBA draft and have now inked him to a two-year deal at the league minimum (the second year is not guaranteed). He gives the Pistons 15 men under contract for next season, so they are done making moves for now.
White may be the best pure athlete drafted this year — he was the only one at the combine to have a 40-inch vertical leap. He was known as a long-armed great athlete at Ole Miss, it’s just that he was raw. There are a lot of great athletes playing on the wings in the NBA, you have to offer more than that.
White not gets the chance to prove he can.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 2
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 16
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7