Aug 13, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
Nobody is quite sure how he fits in or if he can fit in, but Terrico White is getting a chance.
The Pistons picked him in the second round o the NBA draft and have now inked him to a two-year deal at the league minimum (the second year is not guaranteed). He gives the Pistons 15 men under contract for next season, so they are done making moves for now.
White may be the best pure athlete drafted this year — he was the only one at the combine to have a 40-inch vertical leap. He was known as a long-armed great athlete at Ole Miss, it’s just that he was raw. There are a lot of great athletes playing on the wings in the NBA, you have to offer more than that.
White not gets the chance to prove he can.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3