Aug 13, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
Nobody is quite sure how he fits in or if he can fit in, but Terrico White is getting a chance.
The Pistons picked him in the second round o the NBA draft and have now inked him to a two-year deal at the league minimum (the second year is not guaranteed). He gives the Pistons 15 men under contract for next season, so they are done making moves for now.
White may be the best pure athlete drafted this year — he was the only one at the combine to have a 40-inch vertical leap. He was known as a long-armed great athlete at Ole Miss, it’s just that he was raw. There are a lot of great athletes playing on the wings in the NBA, you have to offer more than that.
White not gets the chance to prove he can.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 51
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31