Aug 13, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Watching replays of old now Hall of Famer Karl Malone and John Stockton games on NBA TV the last few days is a reminder of something that can get lost in the hype of superteams, in the winning and the losing:
Basketball can be a beautiful game. Artistry. Style. Flair.
If you’ve watched much NBA you’ve seen Goldstein at games, dressed rather flamboyantly in cowboy hats and leather suits. He’s a fashion fan. He travels the world — literally — going to top fashion shows, admiring the best architecture and going to basketball games.
And he gets it. Basketball is style, it’s artistry. A different form, but when done right it is there. Ray Allen using a pick to free himself for a jumper. Pau Gasol in the high post. Steve Nash coming off the high pick. Kevin Durant in space. This is a special kind of artistry, these are things of beauty. And we need to appreciate them as such.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 5
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million