Aug 13, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
Yesterday Charles Barkley called LeBron James a punk for daring to do what Barkley never did and team up with other superstars to get a ring. Because I guess never reaching your goal but falling short by yourself is noble. Whatever.
Barkley’s not done, though.
“He’s got to win multiple championships to make that situation work, at least two,” the Hall of Famer and TNT analyst said in an interview with FanHouse on Thursday night at the Basketball Hall of Fame about James, who bolted Cleveland last month as a free agent to force a sign-and-trade to the Heat. “(If not), his legacy is going to take a serious hit.”
He also has to cure cancer and reverse the trade deficit between the United States and China, or it’s a failure.
Does Barkley feel at all bad about using the word “punk?”
“I should have never used that word,” said Barkley, sounding at first as if was an apology. “It was bull (bleep). Bull (bleep) is a better word.”
I really want a Barkley/LeBron sit down interview now. Make it happen, TNT.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34