Aug 13, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
Yesterday Charles Barkley called LeBron James a punk for daring to do what Barkley never did and team up with other superstars to get a ring. Because I guess never reaching your goal but falling short by yourself is noble. Whatever.
Barkley’s not done, though.
“He’s got to win multiple championships to make that situation work, at least two,” the Hall of Famer and TNT analyst said in an interview with FanHouse on Thursday night at the Basketball Hall of Fame about James, who bolted Cleveland last month as a free agent to force a sign-and-trade to the Heat. “(If not), his legacy is going to take a serious hit.”
He also has to cure cancer and reverse the trade deficit between the United States and China, or it’s a failure.
Does Barkley feel at all bad about using the word “punk?”
“I should have never used that word,” said Barkley, sounding at first as if was an apology. “It was bull (bleep). Bull (bleep) is a better word.”
I really want a Barkley/LeBron sit down interview now. Make it happen, TNT.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 2
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 25
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10