Aug 13, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
Yesterday Charles Barkley called LeBron James a punk for daring to do what Barkley never did and team up with other superstars to get a ring. Because I guess never reaching your goal but falling short by yourself is noble. Whatever.
Barkley’s not done, though.
“He’s got to win multiple championships to make that situation work, at least two,” the Hall of Famer and TNT analyst said in an interview with FanHouse on Thursday night at the Basketball Hall of Fame about James, who bolted Cleveland last month as a free agent to force a sign-and-trade to the Heat. “(If not), his legacy is going to take a serious hit.”
He also has to cure cancer and reverse the trade deficit between the United States and China, or it’s a failure.
Does Barkley feel at all bad about using the word “punk?”
“I should have never used that word,” said Barkley, sounding at first as if was an apology. “It was bull (bleep). Bull (bleep) is a better word.”
I really want a Barkley/LeBron sit down interview now. Make it happen, TNT.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 3
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13