Aug 12, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
You do not get to be president if pressure makes you fold.
So at the end of the much-discussed White House All-Star pickup game in front of some wounded soldiers last week, who got the rock? Chauncey Billups told FanHouse the closest guy to President Obama was probably his secret service bodyguards.
“The chance to meet Obama, play a little hoops and share some fellowship. … (Obama) has a nice little left hand. He’s a lefty shooter. He hit a game-winner on us…
“We went to double Chris Paul,” Billups said of pressuring Obama’s teammate, the New Orleans star guard. “It was a wide-open shot. We left (Obama) open by accident and he knocked it down on us. Game time.”
No offense intended, Mr. President, but if the choice is double CP3 but you have to leave Obama open, I’m doubling CP3. Every time.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 0
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 2
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 4
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 9
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2