Aug 12, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
You do not get to be president if pressure makes you fold.
So at the end of the much-discussed White House All-Star pickup game in front of some wounded soldiers last week, who got the rock? Chauncey Billups told FanHouse the closest guy to President Obama was probably his secret service bodyguards.
“The chance to meet Obama, play a little hoops and share some fellowship. … (Obama) has a nice little left hand. He’s a lefty shooter. He hit a game-winner on us…
“We went to double Chris Paul,” Billups said of pressuring Obama’s teammate, the New Orleans star guard. “It was a wide-open shot. We left (Obama) open by accident and he knocked it down on us. Game time.”
No offense intended, Mr. President, but if the choice is double CP3 but you have to leave Obama open, I’m doubling CP3. Every time.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22