Aug 12, 2010, 10:53 AM EST
You do not get to be president if pressure makes you fold.
So at the end of the much-discussed White House All-Star pickup game in front of some wounded soldiers last week, who got the rock? Chauncey Billups told FanHouse the closest guy to President Obama was probably his secret service bodyguards.
“The chance to meet Obama, play a little hoops and share some fellowship. … (Obama) has a nice little left hand. He’s a lefty shooter. He hit a game-winner on us…
”We went to double Chris Paul,” Billups said of pressuring Obama’s teammate, the New Orleans star guard. “It was a wide-open shot. We left (Obama) open by accident and he knocked it down on us. Game time.”
No offense intended, Mr. President, but if the choice is double CP3 but you have to leave Obama open, I’m doubling CP3. Every time.
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 7
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 4
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 12
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 30
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (46)