Aug 12, 2010, 10:53 AM EST
You do not get to be president if pressure makes you fold.
So at the end of the much-discussed White House All-Star pickup game in front of some wounded soldiers last week, who got the rock? Chauncey Billups told FanHouse the closest guy to President Obama was probably his secret service bodyguards.
“The chance to meet Obama, play a little hoops and share some fellowship. … (Obama) has a nice little left hand. He’s a lefty shooter. He hit a game-winner on us…
”We went to double Chris Paul,” Billups said of pressuring Obama’s teammate, the New Orleans star guard. “It was a wide-open shot. We left (Obama) open by accident and he knocked it down on us. Game time.”
No offense intended, Mr. President, but if the choice is double CP3 but you have to leave Obama open, I’m doubling CP3. Every time.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9