Aug 12, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
fIn a world where everything seems to change at the speed of technology, we need constants in our lives. Real touchstones. Family, friends, our community, and Rudy Fernandez complaining about Portland and asking for a trade.
You know, things that are going to be there every day.
Fernandez spoke with Marca, a sports publication in Spain, and said he just wants to play a lot of minutes and be loved. Is that so wrong?
“If I could decide my future and some NBA team could assure me some minutes and the team played a way that fits my game, then I’d like to continue playing in the States.”
He also said that his treatment in Portland screwed him up psychologically and that it is 50/50 on whether he returns to Europe.
Rudy, just a personal note: If you’re trying to get traded, stop talking. Because saying you demand minutes and may go to Europe when your deal is up and that your mind is screwed up does not help your trade value. You’ve got game, some teams might have really wanted you, just not at the price Portland has been asking.
And if I were a GM and just read your interview, the chances I’d give up anything of value to get you just went way down.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 30
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23