Aug 12, 2010, 1:06 PM EST
fIn a world where everything seems to change at the speed of technology, we need constants in our lives. Real touchstones. Family, friends, our community, and Rudy Fernandez complaining about Portland and asking for a trade.
You know, things that are going to be there every day.
Fernandez spoke with Marca, a sports publication in Spain, and said he just wants to play a lot of minutes and be loved. Is that so wrong?
“If I could decide my future and some NBA team could assure me some minutes and the team played a way that fits my game, then I’d like to continue playing in the States.”
He also said that his treatment in Portland screwed him up psychologically and that it is 50/50 on whether he returns to Europe.
Rudy, just a personal note: If you’re trying to get traded, stop talking. Because saying you demand minutes and may go to Europe when your deal is up and that your mind is screwed up does not help your trade value. You’ve got game, some teams might have really wanted you, just not at the price Portland has been asking.
And if I were a GM and just read your interview, the chances I’d give up anything of value to get you just went way down.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11