Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Hate them all you want — you want to see them.
The Heat are in demand ‚ their gear is topping NBA sales charts (especially the LeBron No. 6 Heat jersey). And people want to see the Heat. Television ratings for their games will top what the NBA has done since Jordan suited up.
StubHub is reporting that its two other highest selling NBA games for the upcoming regular season also involve the Heat.
Tickets for Miami’s Oct. 26 game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden — the regular-season opener for both teams — are selling on StubHub for an average of $411, the spokesperson said. Tickets to the Heat’s Christmas Day game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center are selling for an average of $479.
The StubHub spokesperson says the online marketplace’s hottest preseason ticket is for the Magic-Heat game on Oct. 22 in Tampa at the St. Pete Times Forum, with tickets selling for $101 on average.
If you pay $100 a ticket to see preseason basketball… well, I am also a Nigerian Prince and I have a fantastic opportunity for you to make millions of dollars.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 40
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 60
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3