Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Hate them all you want — you want to see them.
The Heat are in demand ‚ their gear is topping NBA sales charts (especially the LeBron No. 6 Heat jersey). And people want to see the Heat. Television ratings for their games will top what the NBA has done since Jordan suited up.
StubHub is reporting that its two other highest selling NBA games for the upcoming regular season also involve the Heat.
Tickets for Miami’s Oct. 26 game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden — the regular-season opener for both teams — are selling on StubHub for an average of $411, the spokesperson said. Tickets to the Heat’s Christmas Day game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center are selling for an average of $479.
The StubHub spokesperson says the online marketplace’s hottest preseason ticket is for the Magic-Heat game on Oct. 22 in Tampa at the St. Pete Times Forum, with tickets selling for $101 on average.
If you pay $100 a ticket to see preseason basketball… well, I am also a Nigerian Prince and I have a fantastic opportunity for you to make millions of dollars.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8