Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Hate them all you want — you want to see them.
The Heat are in demand ‚ their gear is topping NBA sales charts (especially the LeBron No. 6 Heat jersey). And people want to see the Heat. Television ratings for their games will top what the NBA has done since Jordan suited up.
StubHub is reporting that its two other highest selling NBA games for the upcoming regular season also involve the Heat.
Tickets for Miami’s Oct. 26 game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden — the regular-season opener for both teams — are selling on StubHub for an average of $411, the spokesperson said. Tickets to the Heat’s Christmas Day game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center are selling for an average of $479.
The StubHub spokesperson says the online marketplace’s hottest preseason ticket is for the Magic-Heat game on Oct. 22 in Tampa at the St. Pete Times Forum, with tickets selling for $101 on average.
If you pay $100 a ticket to see preseason basketball… well, I am also a Nigerian Prince and I have a fantastic opportunity for you to make millions of dollars.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8