Aug 12, 2010, 2:22 PM EST
Hate them all you want — you want to see them.
The Heat are in demand ‚ their gear is topping NBA sales charts (especially the LeBron No. 6 Heat jersey). And people want to see the Heat. Television ratings for their games will top what the NBA has done since Jordan suited up.
StubHub is reporting that its two other highest selling NBA games for the upcoming regular season also involve the Heat.
Tickets for Miami’s Oct. 26 game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden — the regular-season opener for both teams — are selling on StubHub for an average of $411, the spokesperson said. Tickets to the Heat’s Christmas Day game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center are selling for an average of $479.
The StubHub spokesperson says the online marketplace’s hottest preseason ticket is for the Magic-Heat game on Oct. 22 in Tampa at the St. Pete Times Forum, with tickets selling for $101 on average.
If you pay $100 a ticket to see preseason basketball… well, I am also a Nigerian Prince and I have a fantastic opportunity for you to make millions of dollars.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6