Aug 12, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
It’s pretty easy to picture your local Barnes & Nobel changing up the little display in front currently covered with love him/hate him Barack Obama books and putting up love them/hate them Miami Heat books.
The first of what should be many will be coming from the pen, er, computer of ESPN’s Ric Bucher. According to the Sports Grid, Bucher has secured a deal with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to write a “behind the scenes” view of the Heat, tentatively titled “Overheard.” No release date has been set.
The book will be about LeBron James and Chris Bosh joining Dwyane Wade in South Beach, “resulting upheaval across the entire league, from Nike headquarters to the Knicks’ war room, from South Beach to Cleveland, LA to the Boston parquet — in short, the struggle for the future of professional basketball.”
Here is Bucher’s official statement:
“Houghton Mifflin recognizes what an apocalyptic event the three superstars joining forces in Miami is for the NBA in particular and sports in general. This book isn’t just about how they pulled it off, but all the forces unleashed as a result, forces that promise to change how the league looks and operates forever. I’m thrilled that Susan Canavan and her publishing house have afforded me the forum to capture, in depth, the behind-the-scenes events that will forge that transformation.”
Apocalyptic? Well, that’s overstating it. But we should expect it. And worse. Of course, if they want to sell some books outside of Dade County Bucher will heed to take some shots and a negative tone about the Heat, so you can bet he will.
Suddenly, reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies doesn’t sound like such a bad idea.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36