Aug 12, 2010, 11:55 AM EST
I’ve made some women angry in my time (it’s a skill, like anything else), but never quite this mad.
Earl Watson’s wife really went off on him, according to his divorce papers obtained by TMZ. The pair has since reconciled and he will not divorce his wife, Jennifer Freeman, actress best know from “My Wife and Kids.”
According to legal papers filed last week in L.A. County Superior Court, Watson claims things got bad on August 1st … when Jennifer received a suspicious text message at 11PM and Earl decided to check her phone.
Watson — who played with the Indiana Pacers last season — claims his wife was furious that he took the phone and reacted by hitting him “forcefully twice in the face with her right open hand.”
Watson claims Jennifer then “grabbed my right wrist and bit … breaking the skin, leaving teeth marks and drawing blood.” Once she let go of the wrist, Watson claims she then chomped down on his chest … again drawing blood.
Earl claims Jennifer then tried to attack him with an iron — but he was able to knock it out of her hand.
Watson filed for divorce but he and Freeman worked it out later. Which is good, they have a 10-month-old daughter to consider, as well.
Watson is a free agent still looking for a team (I hear New Orleans needs a backup point guard now).
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6