Aug 12, 2010, 11:55 AM EDT
I’ve made some women angry in my time (it’s a skill, like anything else), but never quite this mad.
Earl Watson’s wife really went off on him, according to his divorce papers obtained by TMZ. The pair has since reconciled and he will not divorce his wife, Jennifer Freeman, actress best know from “My Wife and Kids.”
According to legal papers filed last week in L.A. County Superior Court, Watson claims things got bad on August 1st … when Jennifer received a suspicious text message at 11PM and Earl decided to check her phone.
Watson — who played with the Indiana Pacers last season — claims his wife was furious that he took the phone and reacted by hitting him “forcefully twice in the face with her right open hand.”
Watson claims Jennifer then “grabbed my right wrist and bit … breaking the skin, leaving teeth marks and drawing blood.” Once she let go of the wrist, Watson claims she then chomped down on his chest … again drawing blood.
Earl claims Jennifer then tried to attack him with an iron — but he was able to knock it out of her hand.
Watson filed for divorce but he and Freeman worked it out later. Which is good, they have a 10-month-old daughter to consider, as well.
Watson is a free agent still looking for a team (I hear New Orleans needs a backup point guard now).
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 5
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 23
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 66
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36