Aug 12, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is loving the spotlight.
After years of feeling ignored and underappreciated in Toronto he’s now showing up on Regis & Kelly and doing a New York media blitz. He’s big time.
And he’s playing it up — and playing with your emotions, as he told the New York Daily News.
“If you think about how many times somebody asks you, ‘How are you,’ that’s how many times I was asked, ‘Where you going?” said Bosh, who was in Manhattan Wednesday to unveil his Got Milk! advertisement. “So it’s like, well, in my case, I’m going to have fun with it. I’m going to play with people’s emotions. I’m going to be high and low.”
There were a lot of mixed messages about where Bosh was headed — Chicago, New York, Miami — because Bosh was sending those messages. For fun.
“I wouldn’t call it a game because it’s serious, but, I mean, it’s entertainment at the end of the day. It’s the truth,” Bosh said. “We’re entertaining and everything but at the same time I’m just getting my feelings out there.
“It’s entertaining to see people react to your real emotions because if it wasn’t fun I wouldn’t do it.”
If it wasn’t for everyone seeming to hate on LeBron right now, people would be hating on Chris Bosh. He’s earning it.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47