Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and some of the rest of the best of Team USA sat courtside at Radio City Music Hall Thursday to watch this year’s Team USA prepare for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
Those guys are sitting out this go around, but Anthony told the Associated Press he would like another gold medal.
Anthony said during a U.S. national team scrimmage at Radio City Music Hall that he plans to play in 2012 in London.
“Of course,” Anthony said in an interview on the court during a timeout. “I’m locked in. I’m committed.”
He’s not alone in that sentiment, but a few guys from this team like Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are going to earn some spots too. Tryouts for the 2012 team are going to be very interesting.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17