Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and some of the rest of the best of Team USA sat courtside at Radio City Music Hall Thursday to watch this year’s Team USA prepare for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
Those guys are sitting out this go around, but Anthony told the Associated Press he would like another gold medal.
Anthony said during a U.S. national team scrimmage at Radio City Music Hall that he plans to play in 2012 in London.
“Of course,” Anthony said in an interview on the court during a timeout. “I’m locked in. I’m committed.”
He’s not alone in that sentiment, but a few guys from this team like Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are going to earn some spots too. Tryouts for the 2012 team are going to be very interesting.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18