Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and some of the rest of the best of Team USA sat courtside at Radio City Music Hall Thursday to watch this year’s Team USA prepare for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
Those guys are sitting out this go around, but Anthony told the Associated Press he would like another gold medal.
Anthony said during a U.S. national team scrimmage at Radio City Music Hall that he plans to play in 2012 in London.
“Of course,” Anthony said in an interview on the court during a timeout. “I’m locked in. I’m committed.”
He’s not alone in that sentiment, but a few guys from this team like Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are going to earn some spots too. Tryouts for the 2012 team are going to be very interesting.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24