Aug 12, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and some of the rest of the best of Team USA sat courtside at Radio City Music Hall Thursday to watch this year’s Team USA prepare for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
Those guys are sitting out this go around, but Anthony told the Associated Press he would like another gold medal.
Anthony said during a U.S. national team scrimmage at Radio City Music Hall that he plans to play in 2012 in London.
“Of course,” Anthony said in an interview on the court during a timeout. “I’m locked in. I’m committed.”
He’s not alone in that sentiment, but a few guys from this team like Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose are going to earn some spots too. Tryouts for the 2012 team are going to be very interesting.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11