Aug 11, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
While you were focused on that little deal where Darren Collison goes out and Trevor Ariza comes in, Hornets general manager Dell Demps was making another deal, according to Marc Stein.
ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
Okay, not exactly a blockbuster.
Wright tweeted during the season that he wished he had been traded at the deadline, that he thought all he needed was a change of scenery. Well, New Orleans to Toronto is a real change of scenery. Wright is a pretty good wing defender (don’t worry, Toronto will make sure he forgets) and a pretty athletic guy who can get to the rim. Needs to prove he can knock down the outside shot. But he should get a chance to prove what he can do in Toronto.
Belinelli is a guard and from Italy who is kind of thought of as a catch-and-shoot guy, which he is pretty good at if he is taking those from three (37.7 percent last year on catch-and-shoot threes). Ask him to do much else, and it’s not terribly efficient. He also gets a fresh start and a chance to prove himself.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8