Aug 11, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
While you were focused on that little deal where Darren Collison goes out and Trevor Ariza comes in, Hornets general manager Dell Demps was making another deal, according to Marc Stein.
ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
Okay, not exactly a blockbuster.
Wright tweeted during the season that he wished he had been traded at the deadline, that he thought all he needed was a change of scenery. Well, New Orleans to Toronto is a real change of scenery. Wright is a pretty good wing defender (don’t worry, Toronto will make sure he forgets) and a pretty athletic guy who can get to the rim. Needs to prove he can knock down the outside shot. But he should get a chance to prove what he can do in Toronto.
Belinelli is a guard and from Italy who is kind of thought of as a catch-and-shoot guy, which he is pretty good at if he is taking those from three (37.7 percent last year on catch-and-shoot threes). Ask him to do much else, and it’s not terribly efficient. He also gets a fresh start and a chance to prove himself.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 24
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 27
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4