Aug 11, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
While you were focused on that little deal where Darren Collison goes out and Trevor Ariza comes in, Hornets general manager Dell Demps was making another deal, according to Marc Stein.
ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
Okay, not exactly a blockbuster.
Wright tweeted during the season that he wished he had been traded at the deadline, that he thought all he needed was a change of scenery. Well, New Orleans to Toronto is a real change of scenery. Wright is a pretty good wing defender (don’t worry, Toronto will make sure he forgets) and a pretty athletic guy who can get to the rim. Needs to prove he can knock down the outside shot. But he should get a chance to prove what he can do in Toronto.
Belinelli is a guard and from Italy who is kind of thought of as a catch-and-shoot guy, which he is pretty good at if he is taking those from three (37.7 percent last year on catch-and-shoot threes). Ask him to do much else, and it’s not terribly efficient. He also gets a fresh start and a chance to prove himself.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7