Aug 11, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
While you were focused on that little deal where Darren Collison goes out and Trevor Ariza comes in, Hornets general manager Dell Demps was making another deal, according to Marc Stein.
ESPN.com sources: Hornets and Raptors have also agreed to a separate trade that will send Julian Wright to Toronto for Marco Belinelli
Okay, not exactly a blockbuster.
Wright tweeted during the season that he wished he had been traded at the deadline, that he thought all he needed was a change of scenery. Well, New Orleans to Toronto is a real change of scenery. Wright is a pretty good wing defender (don’t worry, Toronto will make sure he forgets) and a pretty athletic guy who can get to the rim. Needs to prove he can knock down the outside shot. But he should get a chance to prove what he can do in Toronto.
Belinelli is a guard and from Italy who is kind of thought of as a catch-and-shoot guy, which he is pretty good at if he is taking those from three (37.7 percent last year on catch-and-shoot threes). Ask him to do much else, and it’s not terribly efficient. He also gets a fresh start and a chance to prove himself.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7