Aug 11, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets are about to go the way of the Buffalo Braves and the Syracuse Nationals.
Not only is the team moving, but also this week they officially filed paperwork with the league to change the name of the franchise, according to the New York Daily News. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said he was thinking of changing the name, but clearly was more than just toying with the idea.
It will be a couple of years before the change can take place — right about the time the team moves into its new home in Brooklyn. For the record, any new name would need the approval of the other owners.
So what do they go with: The Brooklyn….
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64