Aug 11, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets are about to go the way of the Buffalo Braves and the Syracuse Nationals.
Not only is the team moving, but also this week they officially filed paperwork with the league to change the name of the franchise, according to the New York Daily News. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said he was thinking of changing the name, but clearly was more than just toying with the idea.
It will be a couple of years before the change can take place — right about the time the team moves into its new home in Brooklyn. For the record, any new name would need the approval of the other owners.
So what do they go with: The Brooklyn….
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 39
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17