Aug 11, 2010, 10:36 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets are about to go the way of the Buffalo Braves and the Syracuse Nationals.
Not only is the team moving, but also this week they officially filed paperwork with the league to change the name of the franchise, according to the New York Daily News. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said he was thinking of changing the name, but clearly was more than just toying with the idea.
It will be a couple of years before the change can take place — right about the time the team moves into its new home in Brooklyn. For the record, any new name would need the approval of the other owners.
So what do they go with: The Brooklyn….
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 0
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 35
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 14
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3