King LeBron knows who's been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake

Aug 11, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT

ljames_points.jpgEver since his announcement that he was taking his talents to South Beach, LeBron James has taken a lot of criticism.

And he’s been making a list and checking it twice, of who has been naughty and nice, as he announced on his twitter account.

Don’t think for one min that I haven’t been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!

That, predictably, led to more backlash on twitter, where plenty of people laughed at the immaturity of the comment, some mocked him for trying to be an Internet bully, while others asking if he had taken “mental notes” on his shortcomings with the Cavaliers. The reaction was far more negative than positive afterward online.

ESPN’s Arash Markazi, in his pulled piece on hanging with LeBron for a night that the network pulled, said that LeBron seemed more like a child wrapped in a man’s body. The more we hear from him, the more that sounds like the truth. LeBron is not malicious or mean spirited, just immature. Not someone who takes into consideration the reaction to what he does or says, but rather just does it.

That twitter announcement just seems to be the latest step along those lines.

Oops. Now I’ve probably been taken note of, too.

114 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. Lebronamania - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM

To all you Clevelanders…Get over it. No doubt Lebron will single handedly smack the Cavs like little girls when they meet. Better off tanking the season and hoping for the next LBJ.

2. Dave - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Am very happy to have a team to root against. Was a Le Bron fan before his “special” now can’t stand him and his ego. Never a Cleveland fan either. Just can’t stand LeBron and his sheer ego.

3. Dave - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Agreed!!!!

4. Aaron - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I agree with what JA Adande wrote on ESPN, this is the most MJ like thing that LeBron has said. Maybe in 15 years it will be LeBron standing at the podium of his hall of fame induction and mentioning all the players, coaches, executives, owners, media members who slighted him. Be like Mike after all. (not necessarily a good thing)

5. Geronimo - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I wonder if LeQuit’s elbow is monitoring its twitter acct too. Lebron, go make yourself a dress.

6. WOW!!!! - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I cannot believe, after all of the stupid things this guy has done this off-season, that he keeps on rolling the stupidity out. He actually texts that???!!!??? LeBron is such a pussy bitch. Wow.
    And Kobe is a rapist, too.

7. Let the Man Be Happy - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I am happy for Lebron and the Miami Heat… Everyone loves to throw jabs at people when they are vulnerable. What has he really done to deserve all of this backlash? He went to a team so he can win and be happy after giving the sorry a#@ Cavs more than ample time to meet his requirements. He owes nobody anything, there is nothing wrong with him making moves for him and his wellbeing, and if you’re a true fan of his then you will be happy for him and support him. !!!! GO LEBRON AND MIAMI HEAT !!!!

8. nick - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM

@RealFan
    I take exception to what you said “……and not to mention Bosh – the way the Raptors organization treated him”
    The Raptors organization gave Bosh nothing but respect and money while he was in Toronto. As a Raptors fan – I always knew he was leaving TO when he would get the chance and I was ok with that. It’s just the way he leaves – it’s repulsive. Skipped out on the last 6 games when he was healthy, never said a word to his fans.
    Why can’t he just hold a press conference and thank Toronto for giving him nothing but love and support? All those people who wasted away money (that they probably couldnt afford) watching Bosh play and paying for his jersey, so that he could earn tens of millions of dollars on their expense?
    Athletes these days need a real spanking, but the league unions will never let that happen.
    And when exactly did the Raptors organization treat Bosh badly? What did they do? Did they insult him? Underpay him? Nothing. Things are just more hip in Miami with the beaches and the women, so he went there. Simple as that.

9. wd40 - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Who cares about the NBA anyway? It is just one notch above the WNBA.

10. jameskatt - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Lebron is a backstabber, a classless buffoon, a immature ashole. Take that Lebrick.

11. 500benz - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM

LOL at the douchebag comment!

12. saveahoe11 - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM

One of the weakest and lamest things I’ve heard in this whole Lebron saga is people telling Cleveland to get over it. Cleveland is over it. Lebron puts some ridiculous tweet out there that shows what a baby he is, but all I read in these comments is Cleveland get over it. By saying that you show you have no ability to form your opinion on the subject and cater to the lowest common denominatot, which is a cleveland joke. Get over yourselves. Lebron is a paper tiger, he enjoyed the perks of being the next great thing for the last seven years, and when the time came to be the next great thing, he declined. His decision tv spectacle was a joke and is about what you would expect from someone who has one semester at Akron University (Maverick Carter)running your pr. In the end my main point is that Nike is no where to be seen in any of this, and all three are Nike guys. Nike knows when to step back and stay out of the fray. They are pissed at LeBron becuase im sure they expected him to be in Cleveland. I cant imagine they support the decimation of Lebrons brand at all.

13. bobby from the job - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:43 PM

dam, i was gonna go in on him, but you guys beat me to it! thanks fellas! Le-douche I’ve been going in on you long before you showed the yellow stripe up your ass! You can win 100 rings and never be in the same category of Kobe, MJ, Duncan, Magic, Larry or KG and Paul, dude you suck, your a pansy! Since when is it ok for Batman to play Robin? You’re Pinky and D Wade is the Brain. You must take bad mental notes! To all the dads reading this, please be a father to your children so they can grow up and make smart “decisions”, teach them that men stand on their own win lose or draw. It’s ok to sit with your boys on the school bus, but not as grown men with the talent to change to game singlehandedly.
    Someone compared Leshon to Pippen, Pau Gasol would have been a more accurate comparison to #33. Maybe Leshon is only a sidekick in a leaders body, what a shame!

14. Clevelander - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM

To all you haters of Cleveland. Take note of this, this article is not about Cleveland, you morons, it is the national media that has criticized his “decision” and the way he handled it. It is rarely talked about in Cleveland anymore. We have moved on which we do in Cleveland otherwise we would still be talking about burning rivers.
    Initially the fans took it hard because of the pompous way he handled it, most true fans here understood that he would leave. Out of all the free agents that were more deserving of the fanfare the self appointed king is the only one that made a circus out of this.
    Now read the article again and explain how you think his twitter comments are about Cleveland. Do you honestly think that the three amigos are concerned about the Cavs? The Cavs aren’t going to get in their way. He is taking note of all the media people that have made negative comments. Now he will pick and choose who he will talk to based on any negative comments. If you support Lebron and you are a reporter then you get to be one of the chosen ones. If you trashed him, take a number and head to the back of the line.
    Last but not least, if you have not been to Cleveland, let it go. From the outside looking in it doesn’t appear to be much but if you have lived here for 45 years you would know that Cleveland has a lot to offer. We aren’t Chicago or New York but we were the connecting city between them and have a fantastic mix of both cities cultures.
    You haters need to stay on topic and maybe today you should see if your voice travels farther then your moms basement.

15. Smith5646 - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I am a long time Cavs fan and WAS a LeBron fan. Speaking for myself and all of the LeBron haters that I know, we don’t hate him because he left Cleveland. We hate him because of the way he left Cleveland — CLASSLESS and EGOTISTICAL. I don’t care how talented a player is, if he doesn’t have class, his place is on the wall of shame. Did you know that LeBron was not the one that told the Cavs that he wasn’t coming back? One of his employees was given that task and it was done about 5 minutes before the special aired. Had LeBron had the class to sit down with the Cavs and say thanks for everything but I really want to go to Miami with DWade, I would have depressingly acknowledged our loss and moved on. Until I see some class from the guy, LeBron’s bobble head will have a paper bag covering its head and will sit on my wall of shame in my basement.

16. alroc06 - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM

To be straight from the outset, I’ve gone from LeBron admirer (for his skill set) to what is referred to throughout these posts as a “LeBron hater.” I’m not a Cleveland fan, or a fan of any other particular team – – I’m a fan of talent. I loved Larry Bird, Magic, MJ, Duncan, Isaiah, and on and on. But I hate the egomaniac side of any athlete that behaves as James has / is. I don’t care if the Heat / Lakers / Celtics, whoever wins the next title – – I just hope it’s a team that carries itself as though they are grateful for all the good fortune that God and their fan base bestow upon them. If it’s the Heat, then Wade and Bosh will have a load to carry to overcome the unbelievable “look at me – I’m King James” personna they are teamed with.
    He has so much to learn about being a star – – and a brand. people need to like you to buy your image / products. His arrogance and constant self-promotion continually undermine his efforts to be the next global icon.

17. James D. - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Yall can say what you want about Lebron but the point is you can’t win a championship w/o that sidekick that is #1,2,3 in their position. Ex: Barkely, Reggie Miller, Ewing, Webber, Payton, Stockton, Malone all couldnt win w/o that next best man on the team. The all made it to the finals but the team on the other side had the 2 or 3 of the best people in their position. Out the champions Kobe probably wld have NO championship w/o Shaq or Gasol, Jordan maybe 0 w/o Pippen, Magic 0 w/o Worthy and Kareem, Bird 0 w/o Mchale and Parish, Duncan 0 w/o Robinson, Parker and Ginobli. So I dont blame Lebron for his decision. I didnt like Lebron before this season but now I rooting for him!!!

18. Randall - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Ohhh, big talk. Good thing he has Wade and Bosh there to do his dirty work.

19. Bill-Sonora - Aug 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM

These NBA Superstars have to get together to TRY to get a championship because they know Kobe and the Lakers are just too good. You Miami fans should be embarassed, not proud.

20. AVid - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Well Kobe didn’t declare himself as “the King” or “the Chosen One.” Besides Kobe has championships so people respect him on that level.

21. Bill-Sonora - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM

You forgot LESSER THAN KOBE.

22. Bill-Sonora - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:13 PM

“ENOUGH already. Let’s all check back in April 2011 and see if Wade’s team has learned how to play as a team.”
    Cant. I need my NBA Fix year-round. Probably everyone else here also, which is probably why we are all reading and commenting on this article in the NBA offseason.
    GO LAKERS!!

23. David Reed - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I’d never heard of the guy until some announcement about him changing teams. Really? Who cares. Lebron, your star is far darker than you think. You really are a douchebag…

24. Jimee Johnnson - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:19 PM

I think LeBron is going to use all the haters comments to his advantage. King James is going to beat the crap out of your teams and all you will be able to do is hate like the punk-chump losers you are. DWade and CBosh are just going along for the ride. It will be LeBron who kicks your fat asses!

25. ralph - Aug 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Nobody , denies LeBoo’s right to go else where in free-agency. It was the way that he did it!! You just do not slap your home town fans in the face on National TV.

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches