Aug 11, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
They may not yet realize just how hard it will be (well, one of them does), but Miami’s big three gets what the expectations they have created are:
“We have to win a championship,” forward Chris Bosh said….
“I think so, because of the situation we’ve brought to ourselves,” he said. “With this group that we’ve assembled, we know we have to win a championship.
“We signed up for it. We know that everything is championship. We need to win a championship.”
Bosh also scoffed at the idea of a 72-win season for the Heat, noting that the core of the Bulls team that set that record had been together for years.
There was 72-win talk by the fans of the Lakers and Cavaliers last season, then those teams won 57 and 61 games, respectively. People don’t realize how ridiculous 72 wins is, how unlikely we ever are to see that record broken. Also, Phil Jackson theorized that only a team in the Midwest — where the time change from coast-to-coast on travel is not as severe — could pull off that many wins. Miami, obviously, right on a coast.
The Heat are going to win a lot of regular season games, however. What Bosh and his pals also know is those wins will be considered a failure without a trophy to go with it.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8