Aug 11, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
They may not yet realize just how hard it will be (well, one of them does), but Miami’s big three gets what the expectations they have created are:
“We have to win a championship,” forward Chris Bosh said….
“I think so, because of the situation we’ve brought to ourselves,” he said. “With this group that we’ve assembled, we know we have to win a championship.
“We signed up for it. We know that everything is championship. We need to win a championship.”
Bosh also scoffed at the idea of a 72-win season for the Heat, noting that the core of the Bulls team that set that record had been together for years.
There was 72-win talk by the fans of the Lakers and Cavaliers last season, then those teams won 57 and 61 games, respectively. People don’t realize how ridiculous 72 wins is, how unlikely we ever are to see that record broken. Also, Phil Jackson theorized that only a team in the Midwest — where the time change from coast-to-coast on travel is not as severe — could pull off that many wins. Miami, obviously, right on a coast.
The Heat are going to win a lot of regular season games, however. What Bosh and his pals also know is those wins will be considered a failure without a trophy to go with it.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25