Aug 10, 2010, 10:52 AM EST
During Summer League, when John Wall would get out in transition and finish with a lob to JaVale McGee, it was easy to imagine how much fun Wall and Andray Blatche would be together. It was a Wizards fan dream.
Blatche told the official Wizards Web site he is dreaming of playing with Wall, too, but his first focus has been on getting healthy after breaking his foot in June.
As far as the rehab is concerned I’ve been doing a lot of things to keep the strength in my leg and hip. I’ve been able to continue to work on my conditioning with a lot of work in the pool.
Blatche should be back about the start of training camp, but even if his foot is healed there will be some conditioning to do. Espeically considering how much the Wizards are expected to run this season with Wall at the point.
Blatche — always a player long on promise and short on delivery — exploded for an average of 20 points a game after the trading deadline last season, after Antwan Jamison was shipped out freeing up more minutes for Blatche.
Combine that production with Wall and, maybe, the return of Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards might be on to something. If nothing else, Washington
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10