Aug 10, 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
During Summer League, when John Wall would get out in transition and finish with a lob to JaVale McGee, it was easy to imagine how much fun Wall and Andray Blatche would be together. It was a Wizards fan dream.
Blatche told the official Wizards Web site he is dreaming of playing with Wall, too, but his first focus has been on getting healthy after breaking his foot in June.
As far as the rehab is concerned I’ve been doing a lot of things to keep the strength in my leg and hip. I’ve been able to continue to work on my conditioning with a lot of work in the pool.
Blatche should be back about the start of training camp, but even if his foot is healed there will be some conditioning to do. Espeically considering how much the Wizards are expected to run this season with Wall at the point.
Blatche — always a player long on promise and short on delivery — exploded for an average of 20 points a game after the trading deadline last season, after Antwan Jamison was shipped out freeing up more minutes for Blatche.
Combine that production with Wall and, maybe, the return of Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards might be on to something. If nothing else, Washington
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16