Aug 9, 2010, 9:12 AM EST
He’s one of the guys (along with Derrick Rose and Luol Deng) that the Bulls kept selling to free agents as an important part of their future, part of their core.
So the Bulls had better lock up Joakim Noah to a longer term deal. And, according to Noah, via ESPNChicago.com, those talks are already underway.
Noah said his agent, Donald Dell, has already started discussing the parameters of a deal with Bulls general manager Gar Forman and the 25-year-old is confident the parties can work something out in the near future.
“Of course that’s the goal,” he told ESPNChicago.com after a charity event for his Noah’s Arc Foundation in Queens on Friday night. “I’m not really worried about it. I think everything’s going to happen with time and at the end of the day, I’m really excited about the upcoming season.”
Noah is in the fourth year of his rookie deal; he will make $3.1 million this season, then would be a restricted free agent next summer.
The Bulls selling Noah as part of their future has to have driven up his price. Probably not as high as Rose, however, who should get a max or near-max deal next summer (under whatever the terms of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement are).
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 2
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 11
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)