Aug 9, 2010, 9:12 AM EDT
He’s one of the guys (along with Derrick Rose and Luol Deng) that the Bulls kept selling to free agents as an important part of their future, part of their core.
So the Bulls had better lock up Joakim Noah to a longer term deal. And, according to Noah, via ESPNChicago.com, those talks are already underway.
Noah said his agent, Donald Dell, has already started discussing the parameters of a deal with Bulls general manager Gar Forman and the 25-year-old is confident the parties can work something out in the near future.
“Of course that’s the goal,” he told ESPNChicago.com after a charity event for his Noah’s Arc Foundation in Queens on Friday night. “I’m not really worried about it. I think everything’s going to happen with time and at the end of the day, I’m really excited about the upcoming season.”
Noah is in the fourth year of his rookie deal; he will make $3.1 million this season, then would be a restricted free agent next summer.
The Bulls selling Noah as part of their future has to have driven up his price. Probably not as high as Rose, however, who should get a max or near-max deal next summer (under whatever the terms of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement are).
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47