Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 PM EDT
Mr. Irrelevant is going to Italy.
Dwyane Collins was the last player selected in the NBA draft. No. 60. The Mr. Irrelevant position, which is exactly what Collins had tattooed onto his hand as a reminder.
He’ll be getting that reminder in Italy next year, as he has signed to play Cimberio Varese for next season, according to Ridiculous Upside. Not bad, the team plays in the top division in the league and Varese is a lovely place to live.
The Miami Hurricane is 6’8″, 240 and was one of the best athletes in the draft, a guy who can run but doesn’t mind banging bodies. A guy who might fit well in a running system. Which is why the Suns took him. But he very raw offensively.
Then he had knee surgery, which kept him out of Summer League and took away his chance to prove he has a little polish. This is a guy that may need a year of seasoning in Italy before he comes back and gets a chance to make the team in Phoenix.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 1
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 41
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59