Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 PM EDT
Mr. Irrelevant is going to Italy.
Dwyane Collins was the last player selected in the NBA draft. No. 60. The Mr. Irrelevant position, which is exactly what Collins had tattooed onto his hand as a reminder.
He’ll be getting that reminder in Italy next year, as he has signed to play Cimberio Varese for next season, according to Ridiculous Upside. Not bad, the team plays in the top division in the league and Varese is a lovely place to live.
The Miami Hurricane is 6’8″, 240 and was one of the best athletes in the draft, a guy who can run but doesn’t mind banging bodies. A guy who might fit well in a running system. Which is why the Suns took him. But he very raw offensively.
Then he had knee surgery, which kept him out of Summer League and took away his chance to prove he has a little polish. This is a guy that may need a year of seasoning in Italy before he comes back and gets a chance to make the team in Phoenix.
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 37
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 33