Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 PM EDT
Mr. Irrelevant is going to Italy.
Dwyane Collins was the last player selected in the NBA draft. No. 60. The Mr. Irrelevant position, which is exactly what Collins had tattooed onto his hand as a reminder.
He’ll be getting that reminder in Italy next year, as he has signed to play Cimberio Varese for next season, according to Ridiculous Upside. Not bad, the team plays in the top division in the league and Varese is a lovely place to live.
The Miami Hurricane is 6’8″, 240 and was one of the best athletes in the draft, a guy who can run but doesn’t mind banging bodies. A guy who might fit well in a running system. Which is why the Suns took him. But he very raw offensively.
Then he had knee surgery, which kept him out of Summer League and took away his chance to prove he has a little polish. This is a guy that may need a year of seasoning in Italy before he comes back and gets a chance to make the team in Phoenix.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6