Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 PM EST
Mr. Irrelevant is going to Italy.
Dwyane Collins was the last player selected in the NBA draft. No. 60. The Mr. Irrelevant position, which is exactly what Collins had tattooed onto his hand as a reminder.
He’ll be getting that reminder in Italy next year, as he has signed to play Cimberio Varese for next season, according to Ridiculous Upside. Not bad, the team plays in the top division in the league and Varese is a lovely place to live.
The Miami Hurricane is 6’8″, 240 and was one of the best athletes in the draft, a guy who can run but doesn’t mind banging bodies. A guy who might fit well in a running system. Which is why the Suns took him. But he very raw offensively.
Then he had knee surgery, which kept him out of Summer League and took away his chance to prove he has a little polish. This is a guy that may need a year of seasoning in Italy before he comes back and gets a chance to make the team in Phoenix.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30