Aug 8, 2010, 8:53 PM EDT
Mr. Irrelevant is going to Italy.
Dwyane Collins was the last player selected in the NBA draft. No. 60. The Mr. Irrelevant position, which is exactly what Collins had tattooed onto his hand as a reminder.
He’ll be getting that reminder in Italy next year, as he has signed to play Cimberio Varese for next season, according to Ridiculous Upside. Not bad, the team plays in the top division in the league and Varese is a lovely place to live.
The Miami Hurricane is 6’8″, 240 and was one of the best athletes in the draft, a guy who can run but doesn’t mind banging bodies. A guy who might fit well in a running system. Which is why the Suns took him. But he very raw offensively.
Then he had knee surgery, which kept him out of Summer League and took away his chance to prove he has a little polish. This is a guy that may need a year of seasoning in Italy before he comes back and gets a chance to make the team in Phoenix.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15